PDA

View Full Version : Salt and Pepper set

Dalboy
16th August 2019, 09:12 PM
I have quite a few bowls balls so I set myself a task of making a salt and pepper set from just one of them. They measure 4 1/4" one way and 5" the other as they are not true circles, by cutting one in half I managed to get each pot from those and now they measure 2 1/4" each. The pots are Lignum Vitae The base is from Oak as is the support for the white sphere which is made from Beech painted, this represents the Jack in the game.

This is going to my sister as a thank you for all the bowls she gave me

The before and two after photos.

crowie
16th August 2019, 10:14 PM
Great re-purposing Derek... Look good, cheers, Peter

Dalboy
17th August 2019, 02:27 AM
Thank you Peter.

tony_A
17th August 2019, 08:36 AM
They've come up nicely Derek, a fun little project.

Tony

Dalboy
18th August 2019, 05:51 AM
Thank you Tony

Keith_1
18th October 2019, 01:19 PM
Oh NO - Derek what have you done to the lawn bowls - Only joking - Top work. They would be a great centrepice on the table at our Bowls Club :2tsup:

Regards

Keith

Dalboy
20th October 2019, 08:40 PM
Oh NO - Derek what have you done to the lawn bowls - Only joking - Top work. They would be a great centrepice on the table at our Bowls Club :2tsup:

Regards

Keith

This set has gone back to the Bowls Club that gave me 18 of them as they are no longer used because they now use the composite ones as I should imagine is the same where you are. It was just a thank you for them, the least I could do, The Chairman of the club wanted them but as it is for the club they are going to raffle or auction them for the club.