PDA

View Full Version : Clear Lacquer

june01
30th April 2001, 05:48 PM
Could someone please tell me of an equivalent finish to "Feast Watsons
Waterproof clear high gloss finish"
A tough UV resistant polyurathane,interior or exterior. As Feast Watson have been taken over by another company .
Thanks Norm.

hook
5th May 2001, 08:56 PM
Feast Watson was bought out by Cabots. Their entire range is still sold under the "Feast Watson" banner. We are still printing the "Waterproof" cans at work, so it is obviously still being made and sold.
Sikkens does have a good UV resistant outdoor gloss that I have used on the varandah (jarrah lining boards). It did a good job. Lasted about 3 years before it had to be sanded back and done again. The key word being resistant. Cant remember the product name. Will have a look in the shed for the can tomorrow

Hook

Jeff
7th May 2001, 09:21 AM
The Sikkens products are excellent. Check to see if you are using a single ap. or two part product. One of them calls for a second coat after a year or so, and from then on is pretty long-living. I would not say it is "clear" tho, at least what I have used, is a bit of a golden color. For products that hold up well I suggest you check your local shipyards and brightwork companies, experience always is the best advice!

------------------
"Always cutting corners...!"