PDA

View Full Version : My wife wants eggs

warrick
1st September 2019, 06:13 PM
My wife has requested a bowl of wooden eggs, so I have started making a few.
Thanks to TTIT's web site I have made myself a egg chuck and a template similar to his.
After my fifth attempt I think I have got the shape pretty well, now to see if I can replicate it :U:U
I have plenty of jarrah and sheoak in the wood pile so she will have to settle for those for now.

Rick

460685 460686

460687 460688

Mr Brush
2nd September 2019, 02:54 PM
Eggs..quisite :2tsup:

Bushmiller
2nd September 2019, 05:43 PM
After my fifth attempt I think I have got the shape pretty well, now to see if I can replicate it

Eggsactly!

Nicely done Rick.

Regards
Paul

Uncle Al
2nd September 2019, 06:29 PM
Don't let Fence Furniture see these, he will either want to cook them, peel them or eat them! https://www.woodworkforums.com/f120/mastering-humble-boiled-egg-peeling-221898?highlight=boiled+eggs

Good looking eggs. Do you have Jacaranda over there?. It would be a nice colour to go with your clutch.

Alan...

warrick
2nd September 2019, 06:57 PM
Good looking eggs. Do you have Jacaranda over there?. It would be a nice colour to go with your clutch.

Alan...

I have seen a few trees around. will have to see what I can scrounge. Found a piece of Oregon Pine and that came up well.
I'm just having fun practicing my skills, saw one guy on youtube cutting eggs with a skew no sanding very impressive. Every time I put a skew to a piece of wood it seems to launch itself across the workshop, need more practice :doh:

Rick

Bushmiller
2nd September 2019, 07:02 PM
Rick

What are the dimensions of the eggs or can they be variable and what length do you start out with as a minimum for turning purposes? I have often thought that it is a wonderful project for wood samples. In fact, I think there was somebody of renown who did just that, but as usual I can't remember who it was: Every time he encountered a new piece of wood he turned up an egg as a momento. My limited memory is that he had ever such a lot!

Regards
Paul

warrick
2nd September 2019, 07:07 PM
Rick

What are the dimensions of the eggs or can they be variable and what length do you start out with as a minimum for turning purposes? I have often thought that it is a wonderful project for wood samples. In fact, I think there was somebody of renown who did just that, but as usual I can't remember who it was: Every time he encountered a new piece of wood he turned up an egg as a momento. My limited memory is that he had ever such a lot!

Regards
Paul

This will enlighten you

ttit - The egg collection. (https://www.ttit.id.au/eggpage/eggmain.htm)

Rick

brainstrust
2nd September 2019, 09:44 PM
A great eggample of what you can achieve if you eggnore the setbacks..........hmmmmmm :rolleyes:

warrick
3rd September 2019, 09:26 PM
Three more to the collection

Oregon- scrap from the shed
Marri and some sort of gum possibly a Salmon Gum found in the wood pile

I will have to keep looking and I might find a couple more species around the yard :D:D:D

460860 460865 460858