Demonstrations and Sales
Woodturning
Woodcarving
Display of Model Wagons

Secondary Schools Woodwork Competition.

Entry $3.00

aljenit
29th October 2005, 12:04 AM
The best way to deal with temptation is to yield to it.Seeing as I missed the WWW in Melbourne I will go out and support my local woodies.Thanks for the reminder.

Sir Stinkalot
29th October 2005, 12:36 AM
Ahh its good to see that I have raised some interest. I was meant to deposit some flyers around the neighbourhood tonight but I got home from work too late .... I will have to do it early tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately Jim Carroll will not be in attendance this year to enable us to stock up after seeing the quality of work :(

nine fingers
29th October 2005, 06:13 PM
Just home after the first day,am totally exhausted ,setting up and receiving entries from schools and colleges around Geelong and as far away as Hamiltom and Warrnambool. Some of the students work was astounding,especially the work from Oberon High school in Geelong. Full credit to their wood work master. Another day tomorrow,with presentation of awards to students in the afternoon.
all over till 2006 nine fingers (judge)

Sir Stinkalot
29th October 2005, 07:34 PM
Dont forget to purchase a raffle ticket (or 10 in my case) for your chance to win Nine fingers excellent hall table ...... as seen on this very bb

martrix
29th October 2005, 07:39 PM
How about someone taking some pics and posting?

KevM
29th October 2005, 07:49 PM
Unfortunately Jim Carroll will not be in attendance this year to enable us to stock up after seeing the quality of work :(

Yes but he has taken Irene on holidays to the Tasmanian Timber & Working with wood show. Your loss, our gain.

Have a great show.

Kev M

Chesand
30th October 2005, 08:07 PM
Took a trip down the highway this arvo to see this show - well worthwhile
The future of wood-working is in good hands if the standard displayed by the students is any indicator, particularly liked the jarrah dining table and the pair of leaf shaped coffee tables.

aljenit
30th October 2005, 10:52 PM
Well what a great day in Geelong at the wood show. Scrollsaw,Turning & Carving displays were wonderful. Picked up a few tips and even scored a small bowl fresh off the lathe. The students work -truly a credit to all of them.Looking forward to the PICS in the forum

Dendot
5th November 2005, 07:29 PM
Well what a great day in Geelong at the wood show. Scrollsaw,Turning & Carving displays were wonderful. Picked up a few tips and even scored a small bowl fresh off the lathe. The students work -truly a credit to all of them.Looking forward to the PICS in the forum
I am going to try to put some pics in. Keep your fingers crossed.

Dendot
5th November 2005, 07:42 PM
Well,That worked! Now a couple more.
The first ones were: A general view of one of the display shelves,
The Female Schools First Prize:(Leaf tables) Free form Carvings by Tom Adair, A carved tray also by Tom, Rocking Horse by Max Hewitt.

Now I will try to show John Wickham's Beautiful Steam Engine and the Male Schools First Prize.
It really was a great show! Don't forget to come next year.
See you there.
Dendot