PDA

View Full Version : Introduction from Idaho USA

Idaho Ed
14th October 2019, 03:49 AM
I’ve retired from General Contractor and Technical Education Instructor of building construction, welding, cabinet building, drafting but I haven’t stopped building. I will start building the Goose to tune up my boat building skills and proceed to building a trailerable houseboat (Dianne’s Rose). Then I’m onto floating down the Columbia River with an eye on doing the Eastern USA inland waterways. I may be older and slowing down some, ok, a lot from when I was younger, but I’m still on the right side of the sod.

crowie
14th October 2019, 11:35 AM
G'Day & Welcome to the Great Southern Land and to a top forum "Ed",
There are quite a few members from the "USA" plus "canuck" members and the rest of the world.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork.....
Cheers from On Top DownUnder, crowie

orraloon
14th October 2019, 11:49 AM
Welcome to the forum Ed.
Regards
John

verawood
14th October 2019, 01:44 PM
Gday Ed

Welcome, we hope to hear any progress posts of projects and travels you undertake.

cheers

Keith

pker
15th October 2019, 07:51 AM
Welcome to the forum Ed ,I like your attitude & look forward to your posts.
Chris

old1955
15th October 2019, 04:11 PM
Welcome to the forum Ed.

JJF
16th October 2019, 12:13 AM
Welcome to the forum Ed

Idaho Ed
17th October 2019, 07:06 AM
Thank you. I’m clearing a space in my shop to begin boat building in November. I’m doing this to try and reenergize and keep moving. I’m a 1951 model myself.

Idaho Ed
17th October 2019, 07:15 AM
Thanks Crowie, I’ll be posting photos of my boat building progress. Providing the stay afloat I’ll post some photos of my future adventures.

Old_Tom
17th October 2019, 10:43 AM
Hi Ed and welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing the progress on the boat and the travels.
Cheers, Tom. BTW a 1954 model here.

KeithP
18th October 2019, 09:50 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Regards
Keith