PDA

View Full Version : Securing windscreen

Hebbs
30th October 2005, 07:02 PM
Hi all,

Not quite the appropriate forum (well, I do have timber floors I suppose) but I am planning to add a perspex windscreen to my ali centre console.

I have the design and ability to make the screen but I need to identify the best method to secure it to the aluminium pipe that sits at the front of the console.

The pipe is about 20mm and is a an inverted U shape that rises perpendicular from the console at the front, sort of like a mini roll bar :-).

I want to leave a space between the pipe and the perspex to act as a grab rail but also want to secure the perspex securely so it wont crack.

Any thoughts?

Hebbs

johnc
2nd November 2005, 08:04 AM
This will not be much help, but what ever you use will be limited to aluminium and stainless. Checkout the mouldings at your local hardware or marine dealer and use either aluminium rivets or stainless fastners you should be able to work out how to fabricate something suitable. Before going that far I would check out after market products from a screen manufacturer, you can sometimes do well on price direct from the fabricator.

John.