PDA

View Full Version : complete noob

petermiddo
1st January 2020, 07:17 PM
Hi everyone.

My name is Pete but mostly people call me Middo.

I've got a Wife and a dog. We dont have kids, my wife says Im enough of a child to look after.

I am very high functioning, but I am on the Autism Spectrum, so please approach me if something I say seems short or offensive so I can explain my thinking. Apart from that, my Autism only means I measure 6 times, then cut once.

So very much, I am a newbie to woodworking and looking forward to it. I have a few tools but Im adding to my collection and im looking forward to discussing ideas on projects and what tools to get.

russ57
1st January 2020, 10:28 PM
Welcome middo...

Treecycle
2nd January 2020, 09:03 AM
Hi Middo, welcome to the forum.
We used to have a guy on here who was high functioning autism and he could produce the most superb outcome on what he was doing. Have a look here (https://www.woodworkforums.com/f174/2-3-scale-brough-superior-201136) for one example.
I look forward to your journey.

old1955
3rd January 2020, 02:15 PM
Welcome to the forum Middo.

JJF
10th January 2020, 06:56 AM
Welcome to the forum

KeithP
10th January 2020, 10:16 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Regards
Keith

MattB2085
10th January 2020, 11:07 PM
Great that you are here Middo.
Welcome to the nut house [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crowie
21st January 2020, 08:47 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Peter"...
There are quite a stack members around Brisbane and cross South East Queensland plus the rest of the country.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork......
Cheers crowie

BobL
21st January 2020, 09:26 PM
. . . . only means I measure 6 times, then cut once.

Well at least that's better than the other way around :)

Slothman
22nd January 2020, 01:47 PM
Well at least that's better than the other way around :)

That right there is my issue ;)

Gday Middo.

I, like you, am a raw novice. There is a heap of info on here, great community. I finally have a shed and workspace sorted out since starting on here so HOPEFULLY will post my efforts over the coming days....when you see how dodgy my work is mate, it will give you HEAPS of confidence ;)

morrgan51
22nd January 2020, 08:07 PM
Hello and welcome.