PDA

View Full Version : " Nebuchadnezzar's Coffee Decanter"

splinterz25
7th January 2020, 06:15 AM
Hello once again everyone here's my first piece of the new year " Nebuchadnezzar's Coffee Decanter" 15" x 5" x 22" Walnut, Cherry, Sapele. Curly Maple Turned and embellished with Intarsia and carvings.

Chief Tiff
7th January 2020, 08:05 AM
That's just stunning; well done!

Lyle
7th January 2020, 09:21 AM
I am speechless. That is an absolutely stunning piece. Something I would like to see being made. The numerous processes.
Thank you for showing. ������
Lyle

blondewood
7th January 2020, 02:03 PM
Wow, that is an incredibly detailed and beautiful piece.

splinterz25
8th January 2020, 02:26 AM
Okay guys I'll show you a few photos of making this piece. First I did not count how many pieces are in it and I do not keep track of time while working, I started working on the body in November. This piece is segmented in sections the neck & body I'll show a better photo. The spout was turned and drilled w/ 3/8 th drill bit first, this is the longest piece I can drill on my lathe. then the curve was cut w/ miter saw and reassembled then shaped smooth. after that I drilled more out on a drill press. The body is two bowls and a center segmented ring that was drilled for the neck & spout then each was matched up to fit the curves and glued w/ epoxy. The top & hing are separate pieces and the handle was seven 1/8" strips of walnut steam bent and glued back together.
Here's a few photos

powderpost
8th January 2020, 09:16 PM
Magical piece......

Jim

splinterz25
9th January 2020, 02:10 AM
I am speechless. That is an absolutely stunning piece. Something I would like to see being made. The numerous processes.
Thank you for showing. ������
LyleThank you very much Lyle I posted some of the photos I took while making this but didn't pick up the camera as much as I thought if anybody has questions I will gladly answer them if I can. Cheers

brainstrust
15th January 2020, 04:31 PM
You may have a problem now though, how will you beat that!!!!!!!?
I work of art. I like it too without the handle and spout :2tsup:

splinterz25
24th January 2020, 01:49 AM
You may have a problem now though, how will you beat that!!!!!!!?
I work of art. I like it too without the handle and spout :2tsup:I won't even try to top this one I'll just move to my next project/s...Thanks for taking time to comment.