PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE:WA What’s this worth brand new

Clifton fynn
11th January 2020, 03:12 PM
Hi guys I have a chance to buy a delta spindal sander series 2000 sa350k for $300 can anyone tell me if this is a good buy, what do they go for brand new did a google search but didn’t find much information

BobL
11th January 2020, 03:37 PM
New in the USA they cost about US$250 so they probably sold for ~AU$500 and this website says AUS$518 see Delta SA350K Spindle Sander Comes with a Smooth Running Motor and Dust Bag (https://www.rockler.com/delta-sa350k-spindle-sander-smooth-running-motor-dust-bag)
If its in good condition I'd say AUS$250 would be a fair price but I'd start by offering less that that

Midnight Man
11th January 2020, 03:40 PM
I must have good Google-Fu, the second result in Google told me the price without even clicking through to the link. All I did was search "delta spindle sander model sa350"

I think Delta is a US brand, Rockler has a page that tells me they sold for AUD$510 back in 2010, so I suspect it's no longer a current model: Delta SA350K Spindle Sander Comes with a Smooth Running Motor and Dust Bag (https://www.rockler.com/delta-sa350k-spindle-sander-smooth-running-motor-dust-bag)

Please check the voltage of the unit prior to buying, if it has come from the US, it may be a 110V unit.

aarggh
11th January 2020, 11:16 PM
I agree with the above that $300 is too much for a second hand older style model.

If it was the Jet oscillating one then that would be worth it imho.

Sir Stinkalot
11th January 2020, 11:27 PM
Seems a little high for that model.

Second hand market is often down to luck, timing and opportunity, but as a comparison I picked up the Carbatec version on the smaller Jet oscillating model (mentioned above) in good condition for around $200.

The Jet is currently on sale for $499, which is still a fair chunk of cash more, but would be a better unit.

Unfortunately spindle sanders don’t pop up too often on the second hand market.

Clifton fynn
13th January 2020, 01:28 PM
Thanks guys for the replyÂ’s. I got him down to $250 needs a step down converter works fine, I donÂ’t see these things pop up very often second hand so I took the plunge couldnÂ’t justify spending $500 for a new one