PDA

View Full Version : Blackwood slabs? Green

Zac320
26th January 2020, 09:54 AM
Would anyone be after a bulk amount of green Blackwood slabs. I am located in East Gippsland.
sizes range from 2.4 - 3 by 300mm - 600mm wide x 50mm.
Timber is currently stored and stickers correctly.
PM if you want some photos as I’m struggling to upload them on my phone.

mongrell
30th January 2020, 03:44 PM
a price will help you zac

Wodineye
31st January 2020, 12:32 PM
Hi,
What sort of volume/numbers do you mean by bulk?
Are you happy to sell bits and pieces or you want to offload the lot?
Can you post some pics?

What sort of money are you after?

Thanks!

Zac320
26th April 2020, 05:12 PM

thumbsucker
26th April 2020, 09:05 PM
I am interested in the whole lot depending on price

tassietimbers
2nd May 2020, 08:23 PM
Hi Zac320,

Also interested in the lot, would like to know approximate volume and cube rate please. PM me if needed.

Cheers,

James.

thumbsucker
2nd May 2020, 10:12 PM
Market Rules

All correspondence between Buyers and Sellers is to be done in the thread, NOT by PM.
PMs' and Emails are ONLY to be used for exchanging personal contact information and only when the deal has been done between buyer and seller.

Zac320
7th May 2020, 12:17 AM
Hey guys this lot has sold. I will put a post up when the next lot is available

aldav
7th May 2020, 11:02 AM
Other than posting a few pictures you didn't respond to a single enquiry on here. Why would any of us want to waste our time?

Euge
7th May 2020, 12:12 PM
New Sellers should ALWAYS READ RULES first,
Advertise SIZE, quantity and SELLING PRICE and
Answer ALL expressions of interest PUBLICLY, in the order they are received.
Correspondece should be open and UP FRONT.
IF sold we all need to know, at what price and to who.

doug3030
7th May 2020, 01:05 PM
New Sellers should ALWAYS READ RULES first,
Advertise SIZE, quantity and SELLING PRICE and
Answer ALL expressions of interest PUBLICLY, in the order they are received.
Correspondece should be open and UP FRONT.
IF sold we all need to know, at what price and to who.

Agreed. It's all in the rules.

Another rule that does not appear to have been followed here is:

12. Commercial Sales. No commercial sales are allowed without Admin approval. (see glossary below)

Commercial sale. Businesses or anyone else who manufactures or purchases goods specifically for sale and blatantly advertises them here.

thumbsucker
7th May 2020, 05:10 PM
Pissssssed Off

Austin_Turner
7th May 2020, 09:36 PM
If our new friend turns up again just to post another lot without following the rules, he might need to be brought to the attention of our benevolent dictators.

Zac320
8th May 2020, 05:07 PM
Hello, sorry fellas.
I have been flat out with work.
I will admit I haven’t read the rules properly.
I advertised these on Facebook aswell and was inundated with messages that keep me busy for half the day and forgot to check back in here.

For transparency these were 2.8L 500-600W and 60-75H I sold them all together for $50 each.

I’m pretty sure I shot myself in the foot with the price but I’m only new to all of this and it’s all a learning curve to me.
Sorry if I upset anyone.

doug3030
8th May 2020, 05:12 PM
I will admit I haven’t read the rules properly.
I advertised these on Facebook aswell and was inundated with messages that keep me busy for half the day and forgot to check back in here.

And there's another rule breach. If you post it on any other site as well you have to put the post in a different sub-forum:
https://www.woodworkforums.com/f253

Maybe you need to have a good look at the rules before next time - it only takes a few minutes.

You are more likely to get some help with flattening your learning curve here than on the Facebook marketplace. There's some real helpful people here. We might get a bit upset when people don't follow the rules but if you want to learn there's probably nowhere better.

Zac320
8th May 2020, 05:18 PM
Yeah most definitely. Okay I’ll get reading.
Thanks

Zac320
29th May 2020, 10:04 PM

Zac320
29th May 2020, 10:10 PM
Hey guys I just put some photos up of slabs I have been doing. Is anyone interested in bulk amounts around 100+? Around 2400 and 500 to 600 wide and 50 to 70 thick? At around $80 to $100 a piece

RSD
29th May 2020, 11:31 PM
Most of us on here are hobbyists and so would struggle to be able to dedicate enough space to store & dry 100+ slabs - or spend $8000-10000 on timber. What we might be able to do though is a collective bulk buy and then get them delivered to one place in Melbourne and people could collect them from there?

cava
30th May 2020, 08:00 AM
Possibly interested in some slabs at a later stage (but not bulk quantities).

Whereabouts are you located in East Gippsland?

RSD
30th May 2020, 02:51 PM
If there is enough interest in a collective bulk buy then as long as it is done in a controlled manner then I will make my factory in Seaford available as the delivery to and collection point - everyone pays Zac directly via Paypal or whatever, and slabs must be picked up within the next two weekends after they are delivered here - any that aren't collected after two weekends become mine with no refunds - I don't want to become a storage place for everyone. By then I should have my slab flattening router sled going hopefully as well if anyone wants flattening done.

doug3030
30th May 2020, 02:58 PM
... and slabs must be picked up within the next two weekends after they are delivered here - any that aren't collected after two weekends become mine with no refunds - I don't want to become a storage place for everyone. By then I should have my slab flattening router sled going hopefully as well if anyone wants flattening done.

Two weeks is not a lot of drying time for wet slabs before flattening. :oo:

Zac320
30th May 2020, 03:29 PM
Yes sounds like it could work. The slabs are located in Stratford. I’m trying to get enough money together for a Lucas mill next.

RSD
30th May 2020, 03:39 PM
Two weeks is not a lot of drying time for wet slabs before flattening. :oo:
LOL - no meant if anyone wants dry slabs that they already have flattened - they could bring them down when they come to pick up their blackwood slabs and I could flatten their dry slabs while they wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes sounds like it could work. The slabs are located in Stratford. I’m trying to get enough money together for a Lucas mill next.
Do you have any slabs wider than 600mm? How are you cutting the slabs at the moment?

Zac320
30th May 2020, 04:27 PM
No about 630mm wide is the max the bandsaw will cut

RSD
30th May 2020, 09:12 PM
I'll send you a PM with some info on another milling option that will get you a bit wider pretty cheaply.

tassietimbers
9th June 2020, 10:51 PM
Hi Zac,

Definitely interested in the lot, as long as it hasn't had the eyes picked out of it yet (ie all the best and widest ones gone). Looking mainly for slabs 500-600 wide x 2.4 long minimum (as your specs mention) with no heart, but flexible on a bulk lot. Might be interested in taking 200+ slabs and swap you my spare Lucas Mill if you are interested and serious. It's a Model 10 with under 1000hrs, still goes great but updated to new Model 10 this year.

Let me know if this interests you and you want to discuss a deal that works for both, whether an outright purchase, swap or mix of both.

Cheers,

James.

Zac320
9th June 2020, 11:26 PM
Hi Zac,

Definitely interested in the lot, as long as it hasn't had the eyes picked out of it yet (ie all the best and widest ones gone). Looking mainly for slabs 500-600 wide x 2.4 long minimum (as your specs mention) with no heart, but flexible on a bulk lot. Might be interested in taking 200+ slabs and swap you my spare Lucas Mill if you are interested and serious. It's a Model 10 with under 1000hrs, still goes great but updated to new Model 10 this year.

Let me know if this interests you and you want to discuss a deal that works for both, whether an outright purchase, swap or mix of both.

Cheers,

James.
I currently don’t have any at the moment. But I am very keen maybe around 150 slabs if it’s an older Lucas. What size hp 10inch? And what year is it? PM me if you want

tassietimbers
9th June 2020, 11:39 PM
Hi Zac,

I will get some details for you and be in touch, might be able to do something with your next batch of slabs. Pretty sure it's a 30hp Model 10 with the sidewinder, so not that old, maybe 6 years but will have to check.
Cheers,

James.