PDA

View Full Version : Auto Blast Gates Australia is Now Open For Business

Chris Parks
1st February 2020, 04:46 PM
Auto Blast Gates Australia is Now Open For Business.

Who are we and the back story. I put a question to Tony Dyer (NCArcher) one day about putting switches on blast gates to automate the control of my Clearvue but we didn't do that and somehow Alan Flett (Fletty) got involved. We started to look at building an automatic blast gate system that is controlled by starting the machine with the gate opening and closing on demand and it had to be simple, inexpensive and plug and play for the average woody. It also had to be usable for those who elect to change their dust extractor inlet from machine to machine on a fixed ducted system.

Today we are opening for business on the forum with the blessing of Neil who has been kept up to date with this and offering a deal that I will get back to later. This system works from the power point that the machine is plugged into so if a different machine is plugged into the power point then the same gate works for it thus allowing swapping from machine to machine and use the same DE line/duct. It can be introduced into the workshop singly or in multiples giving the customer a chance to buy one for instance or a whole system. We see it as an ideal system for just about everyone from the hobbyist to Men's Sheds, small commercial operators etc and it will prevent the single cut and no dust extraction taking place.

As woodworkers we are all aware of the dangers of wood dust and many of us have invested in dust extraction systems but regardless of the efficiency of that dust extractor if it is not used or is not targeted at the machine we are using then it is a decoration and you wasted your money. I've done it and everyone else has if they be honest, it is only one cut so the blast gate on the other machine has not been closed so I don't get full efficiency at the machine I am now using. Having said that this system allows for manual operation on any of the gates if you choose that option and for instance on a floor sweep it can be totally manual.

We will have our website up and running later this week with all pricing and information needed but in the mean time if anyone here wants to place an order please do it by PM and after the website is up do it through that. The pricing for the introduction on the forum is as follows less 5% allowing for different auto/manual configurations + P&P. The 5% discount will also apply to all orders of four or more gates in the future.

Qty 4+

100mm gate with Manual only controller
$246.00
$234.00

100mm gate with Auto only controller
$276.00
$262.00

100mm gate with Auto/Manual controller
$299.00
$284.00

150mm gate with Manual only controller
$296.00
$281.00

150mm gate with Auto only controller
$326.00
$310.00

150mm gate with Auto/Manual controller
$349.00
$332.00

Upgrade from Manual to Auto
$31.00
$29.00

Upgrade from Manual to Auto/Manual
$54.00
$51.00

Remote control Module
$64.00

Bin Level Sensor
$109.00

Features:

Efficient
Economic to buy
Plug & Play to reduce installation costs
upgradeable
Can be implemented in stages
Distributed Control, not an expensive centralised control module
Suited to smaller workshops where machines that are moved around and share a power point and a dust collection port, only need one system per power point and not a system per machine.

This is being released on the forum before national sales begin and as an indicator of pricing a 100mm BG + Auto Controller will cost $238 & a 150mm BG + Auto Controller will cost $281 and I think that is very reasonable. Once the introductory price expires the price will revert and there will be no further discounting at all. Our policy is a fair price for all and no sales or promotional campaigns will take place.

bueller
1st February 2020, 04:55 PM
Damn these look nice!

After making just one of these style blast gates myself out of PVC I was pretty determined not to do it again, took forever and was still manually operated. You'll have an order from me soon once I figure out what I need.

bueller
1st February 2020, 04:59 PM
Do the sockets support a 15a plug? Got a couple of 3HP machines in my shop.

Chris Parks
1st February 2020, 05:04 PM
I forgot to mention in my initial post that the gates are made from Birch ply with a laminated coating not melamine and they are absolutely void free and all done on a CNC with zero chipping.

NCArcher
1st February 2020, 06:03 PM
Yes we can support a 15A outlet I haven't worked out an additional cost yet but it won't be too much. I'll add the pricing to the website once it's fully up and running.
I'll also point out that we won't sell gates and controllers separately.(I've asked Chris to modify the original post to reflect that) You must purchase a controlled gate. Having said that, I've designed the control system to be completely interchangeable.
The controller plugs into your outlet and the machine plugs into the controller. A 12V power supply and the blast gate are also plugged in to the controller and you are good to go. When you start the machine, the blast gate opens ,and remains open while the machine is running. Once you hit the stop button there is a short delay to clear the DE lines and the blastgate closes. All the plugs are the same for the different controllers so if you want to change from, for instance, an automatic controller to one with manual functionality as well as the auto all you have to do is unplug the controller and plug in the new one. The fully manual controller isn't associated with a machine or outlet so is good for floor sweeps or SCMS where you don't want the balstgate to open and close every time you pull the trigger.

The remote control listed is suitable for switching a VFD on and off. I have another unit on the test bench that will remotely start any DE but it's not ready for sale just yet. It will have a similar plug and play functionality as the blastgate controllers to keep everything simple. This will tie in with a DE controller that we are testing. The DE controller will complete the system automation and turn the DE on and off with the gates. We have a rough system operating but it will be some time before that is ready for sale. Again it will be fully modular and will connect easily with any of our blastgates so can be added at a later date with minimal alteration required.

qwertyu
1st February 2020, 07:56 PM
These look great! Any support for 3 phase machines?

Pat
1st February 2020, 09:38 PM
Having seen a demo of the system at one of the proprietors, I must say that it is very simple to operate.

bueller
1st February 2020, 09:43 PM
That's all my concerns satisfied then, will get an order in once the site is live. Nice work!

NCArcher
1st February 2020, 11:44 PM
Not at the moment. They will work with a 3 phase machine but it needs considerable modification of the machine starter and probably the services of an electrician. It's something I will look at down the track but not right now.
The controller could be modified to have a 3 phase plug and outlet and would work exactly the same but it would be cost prohibitive. There are so many different 3 phase socket arrangements it would have to be custom made to suit each machine.
Not impossible but not high on the priority list atm.

NCArcher
1st February 2020, 11:56 PM
Having seen a demo of the system at one of the proprietors, I must say that it is very simple to operate.
We've tried to make it so that you can forget it's there. Once it's in place you don't ever have to do anything, besides remove the occasional rag from the system. Ask Fletty about that :U. All his rags mysteriously kept disappearing.

Breezy
2nd February 2020, 01:33 AM
Would you have a controller and blast gate that can be switched by G-code on a CNC machine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NCArcher
2nd February 2020, 07:59 AM
Would you have a controller and blast gate that can be switched by G-code on a CNC machine.

Basically, yes. If your router motor (I'm assuming CNC router) is connected via an ABG controller then the blastgate will be open whenever the motor is running. Tying into G-code :no:

yvan
2nd February 2020, 08:07 AM
All the best for this new venture

Yvan

Chris Parks
2nd February 2020, 09:26 AM
All the best for this new venture

Yvan

We hope so, this a full Australian innovation that avoids the complication of pneumatics as was previously used by a lot of systems in the past and some have used a small computer as well. This is automatic blast gate control at its most simple for the end user, no high voltage is involved apart from plugging into a normal power point and the rest is low voltage plug and play so to speak. We see it being very useful in Men's Sheds and woodworking clubs because of the raised awareness of dust control as an OH&S issue. The other problem in those types of work shops is that a lot of users do not understand how important it is to manage the dust extraction so that it operates at maximum efficiency all the time.

We will be doing an installation in one Men's Shed in the near future which will be used as a demonstration system for those who are in the Sydney or nearby for anyone interested. I will rephrase that, we won't be installing it they will be and it will have something in the order of 20 gates in it.

Midnight Man
2nd February 2020, 09:34 AM
This is awesome stuff, and for someone like myself who is currently fitting out the work space, I have a simple question - given that my electrics are yet to be wired up, is there a way the controllers can be sold so they're ready to be wired up inside a wall by an electrician, and thus installed inside the wall as opposed to on it as an addition?

Chris Parks
2nd February 2020, 09:41 AM
My take is that I wouldn't do what you propose but let me expand on that as there is more to it. I would never wire a shed with the electricals behind internal walls because as sure as the sun rises in the East you will want to change it down the track. Put all the wiring in trays and conduit external on the walls and though it is not as neat it is something that you will be thankful for in years to come. For lights put in unswitched three pin roses and all the lights plug in and can be moved, changed etc as needed in the future. Doing things this way means an electrician could install an extra power point in about ten minutes flat instead of trying to access the system behind walls and lights can simply be added via double adaptors, longer or shorter leads etc. I would put in more roses than you think you need for additional lights later on.

fletty
2nd February 2020, 10:09 AM
This is awesome stuff, and for someone like myself who is currently fitting out the work space, I have a simple question - given that my electrics are yet to be wired up, is there a way the controllers can be sold so they're ready to be wired up inside a wall by an electrician, and thus installed inside the wall as opposed to on it as an addition?

Hi midnight’
Putting the controls behind the wall covering would defeat 2 of the primary design objectives of making the system FLEXIBLE and UPGRADABLE?
The system was also designed to be ‘attractive’ (to a workshop level anyway :roll:) as shown here...

...... you can fix the controller to the wall beside a standard power point, plug it into that standard power point and plug the machine into the controller. We can also supply a piggy back lead so that the LV ‘wall wart’ can plug in to the same power point.
Also, as shown here....

...... and as Chis alluded, you might start with a need for a manual control at that power point and then upgrade to an automatic at a later date?

Chris Parks
2nd February 2020, 10:15 AM
Hi midnight’
Putting the controls behind the wall covering would defeat 2 of the primary design objectives of making the system FLEXIBLE and UPGRADABLE?
The system was also designed to be ‘attractive’ (to a workshop level anyway :roll:) as shown here...

...... you can fix the controller to the wall beside a standard power point, plug it into that standard power point and plug the machine into the controller. We can also supply a piggy back lead so that the LV ‘wall wart’ can plug in to the same power point.
Also, as shown here....

...... and as Chis alluded, you might start with a need for a manual control at that power point and then upgrade to an automatic at a later date?

Or move a machine. Workshops evolve...it is the eleventh commandment.

EDIT, I might have mislead here, moving machines where the power source is changed was my intended meaning. Moving a machine and using the same power outlet was never the intended meaning which some people apparently read it as. I hope that has cleared it up.

doug3030
2nd February 2020, 11:38 AM
We can also supply a piggy back lead so that the LV ‘wall wart’ can plug in to the same power point.

How difficult would it be to source a little transformer unit that can be included inside the controller box and connected to the active and neutral terminals of the GPO in the control box? Wouldn't that be much neater and more user-friendly than a piggy-back plug? Less wires hanging around means less to get caught on something and one less thing to go wrong.

BobL
2nd February 2020, 11:40 AM
It's really pleasing to see these developments :) as every little thing that contributes to improving dust control in the shed helps. I like the way they have been kept relatively simple and they look to be very well made. :2tsup:

I especially like the manual/auto switching capability so the ducting can presumably be used for general workshop venting if required?

I assume the manual and auto switches on the same controller are in parallel so that either will open the gate? Does that mean the manual switch can be left in an open state? This would not be so good in a place like a mens shed where most fellas would not check if the manual switch was left on or not. It looks like there is some kind of LED light - does that show general on/off state of the gate or just that the controller is plugged in and turned on?

At our mens shed the blokes using machines might remember to open the gates but often don't bother to check if the DC is on so auto starting the DC is essential for these environments. I see you are working on this, are you going for a remote connection or does your setup require a a connecting wire back to the DC?

The need to plug in two 240v plugs is a slight nuisance, any reason the LV was not included inside the box? Very small low cost 12V power supplies are readily available on the web that should fit inside that box. [EDIT]I see Doug beat me to this while I was writing my post :)

What about ducting systems that have intermediate gates on sub-trunk lines. If these are not open or closed then auto gates on the machine are not going to help.

The gates look to be really well made I reckon you could probably readily sell the gates (without the electrical bits) as a stand alone manually operated product. Maybe sell the electrical bits as an upgrade?

I can see these automated gates being really useful in places like mens sheds and for folks with deeper wallets. However, most weekend warriors will still balk at the (what I so consider a reasonable) cost. It's hard enough to convince them that they should invest at minimum on a modified DC3 ($400) and 6" ducting let alone the extra cost required for half a dozen auto gates gates. Even someone as nutty and dust conscious as myself would balk at the cost (I have 14 gates in my ducting) but depending on the price I would consider maybe buying the stand alone gates as they look so well made.

Budget conscious DIYers may wish to consider initially using a low budget solution like a pressure switch (see Making sure your DC is on (https://www.woodworkforums.com/f200/dc-216419)). These pressure switches can be arranged to auto detect if the relevant and any intermediate gates are open, and the DC is on without any hard wire or remote connection back to the DC. We have been using these pressure switches on 4 machines at our mens shed for nearly 3 years and it has really helped. Evidence that they are working can be clearly seen as the machines that do not have a pressure switch fitted usually have more dust around them than those that do. In the mens shed the pressure switches do have a manual override but it can only be accessed through a tiny hole in the switch box with a paper clip and you have to know its there.

Anyway good luck with this venture - I will definitely be promoting this to the mens shed I visit to consult on dust control. Will you be setting up some sort of a website I can direct them to?

Bohdan
2nd February 2020, 11:54 AM
Good idea but having a loose squirt that requires you to find another GPO is a serious failure. As a minimum the GPO should be a double so that the squirt can be plugged in at the outlet with the machine.

Chris Parks
2nd February 2020, 12:32 PM
Bob, as mentioned in the first post our website should be up and running hopefully later this week. The discount offered to forum members will not be offered on the website unless four or more are supplied in a single order. This system instead of being looked at as an automatic blast gate could be looked as dust extraction system management and I would present it that way to Men's Sheds.

fletty
2nd February 2020, 12:49 PM
Thank you for the support Gents. In response to the question re the separate LV supply, it was driven by several factors including cost (wall warts are remarkably cheap when bought in bulk), complexity (in isolating LV from HV inside the box) and, very importantly, to maintain upgradability in that the MANUAL CONTROLLER has the LV input only.
Bob, wrt Men’s’ Sheds, the ones we have spoken to have all expressed interest in MANUAL controllers for floor sweeps and clean-up stations and AUTOMATIC ONLY for machinery for the very reasons you have stated. The general consensus of the sheds we have spoken to is to have those 2 controller styles and to not have the DC auto start function. Schools however have expressed preference for MANUAL and AUTO ONLY controllers but do want the auto start function. This possibly reflects a different proportion of hand tool work in schools.
I personally have mostly AUTO AND MANUAL so that I can use the dust port manually for any housekeeping needs.
Bohdan, yes, a double GPO is always a preferred option which is why the piggy back lead is only offered as an option. Whether this is a “serious failure” or not is yet to be shown? In my case, and as shown in many earlier posts, I have 6 machines on casters that are moved to the centre of the shop and connected to a (15A) plug and 150mm overhead flex for use. The ABG system thus allows ONE controller and gate to automatically operate for all 6 machines.

doug3030
2nd February 2020, 01:48 PM
Bob, wrt Men’s’ Sheds, the ones we have spoken to have all expressed interest in MANUAL controllers for floor sweeps and clean-up stations and AUTOMATIC ONLY for machinery for the very reasons you have stated. The general consensus of the sheds we have spoken to is to have those 2 controller styles and to not have the DC auto start function. Schools however have expressed preference for MANUAL and AUTO ONLY controllers but do want the auto start function.

You have to be very careful when seeking input from the general public. You need look no further than President Trump and BREXIT to see that the vast majority of people world-wide have no idea what they are voting for until they see the reality of the end result :rolleyes: :no:

BobL
2nd February 2020, 01:55 PM
Thank you for the support Gents. In response to the question re the separate LV supply, it was driven by several factors including cost (wall warts are remarkably cheap when bought in bulk), complexity (in isolating LV from HV inside the box) and, very importantly, to maintain upgradability in that the MANUAL CONTROLLER has the LV input only.

It looks like there is already HV and LV inside the box?

FWIW LV power supplies are also cheap as chips when bought in bulk. I do use old odd wall warts that cost nothing in many of my electrical/electronics but that's not my main point. Existing wall warts can also be a easily installed inside a box.
In this example the 9V Wall wart powers an Aduino and unless portability is needed this is how most of my LV projects are done. In continuous high current draw situations heat dissipation may be an issue but I assume any high current draw only occurs when opening and closing the gates?

Bob, wrt Men’s’ Sheds, the ones we have spoken to have all expressed interest in MANUAL controllers for floor sweeps and clean-up stations and AUTOMATIC ONLY for machinery for the very reasons you have stated. The general consensus of the sheds we have spoken to is to have those 2 controller styles and to not have the DC auto start function. Schools however have expressed preference for MANUAL and AUTO ONLY controllers but do want the auto start function. This possibly reflects a different proportion of hand tool work in schools.
Makes Sense.

This system instead of being looked at as an automatic blast gate could be looked as dust extraction system management and I would present it that way to Men's Sheds.
Good idea.

Breezy
3rd February 2020, 02:08 AM
Basically, yes. If your router motor (I'm assuming CNC router) is connected via an ABG controller then the blastgate will be open whenever the motor is running. Tying into G-code :no:

I should have explained that the g-code would operate a relay output in a MASSO CNC controller. (5v ttl). So you have a relay contact to operate one of your manual controllers.

Breezy
3rd February 2020, 02:10 AM

I should have explained that the g-code would operate a relay output in a MASSO CNC controller. (5v ttl). So you have a relay contact to operate one of your manual controllers.
Router motor is a 3 phase spindle controlled by a VFD.

NCArcher
3rd February 2020, 06:58 AM
Router motor is a 3 phase spindle controlled by a VFD.

You could probably adapt a manual controller fairly easily but to be honest, you don't need it. I will look at a driver/interface for this application but it will be somewhere in the future.
While I was typing this my brain kept thinking about it and I've worked out what I need to do. Won't be straight away but I will knock up a prototype

lyricnz
6th February 2020, 08:17 AM
This looks cool. Am I missing something? Any thoughts about how to integrate a master-switch slave so you could turn on the *extractor* when you turn on a machine (and this device opens the gate). No point in having the noisy extractor on all the time, sucking against closed gates.

fletty
6th February 2020, 08:58 AM
This looks cool. Am I missing something? Any thoughts about how to integrate a master-switch slave so you could turn on the *extractor* when you turn on a machine (and this device opens the gate). No point in having the noisy extractor on all the time, sucking against closed gates.

hi lyric, it will be better described in the website which we are still constructing but, in the meantime, YES, auto start of the dust collector will be available and we are currently trialling beta prototypes .......in my shed :hpydans2:
When this feature is available, starting any machine will open its relevant gate/s AND start the dust collector.
We are also beta trialling a dust collector bin level sensor which will alert you that the dust collector bin has reached a level PRESET BY YOU. The sensor mounts to the bin but the alarm can be placed anywhere which is certainly a plus for me as my dust collector is in a sound proof closet and out of sight!

wheelinround
6th February 2020, 03:09 PM
It looks like there is already HV and LV inside the box?

FWIW LV power supplies are also cheap as chips when bought in bulk. I do use old odd wall warts that cost nothing in many of my electrical/electronics but that's not my main point. Existing wall warts can also be a easily installed inside a box.
In this example the 9V Wall wart powers an Aduino and unless portability is needed this is how most of my LV projects are done. In continuous high current draw situations heat dissipation may be an issue but I assume any high current draw only occurs when opening and closing the gates?

Makes Sense.

Good idea.

Bob I see a major issue with that arrangement. Have you ever felt how hot those 12V units get? No air circulation to cool it will only make matters worse.

wheelinround
6th February 2020, 03:12 PM
Congrats gents looks brilliant:brava:brava :brava:bravaand if I see my way clear there might just be an order put forward.

BobL
9th February 2020, 08:49 PM
Bob I see a major issue with that arrangement. Have you ever felt how hot those 12V units get? No air circulation to cool it will only make matters worse.

Depends entirely on the magnitude of and time period over which the current is drawn.

I assume the draw is only when the gates are being activated open or closed?
In that case its few seconds and then nothing for while.
In my case as shown in the photo the current is ~50mA continuous and pulsing to 120mA occasionally no problems with heat. If its more than this I put some vents in the box.

BobL
9th February 2020, 08:50 PM
Any progress on the website. I've mention these to 2 mens shed and they would like to be able to peruse a website.

fletty
9th February 2020, 09:19 PM
Any progress on the website. I've mention these to 2 mens shed and they would like to be able to peruse a website.

Thank you for spreading the word Bob but I’m afraid we’re still working on it. Engineering seems to be easier than word crafting?

Packdaddy
13th February 2020, 09:22 PM
Awesome work guys, looks like a quality product. I'll be following with interest to see more about the auto start addition for DC.

FYI the pricing in your initial post seems incorrect. In the last para you quote the price as $281 for the 150mm gate with auto controller but that doesn't seem right :rolleyes: $326 - 5% is about $310. perhaps you were quoting the manual controller?

Chris Parks
13th February 2020, 09:32 PM
Good catch, there was some initial confusion when I did the first post, use the table of prices and ignore the final paragraph price. Out of interest what sort of ducted system do you have? Is it powered by a cyclone?

fletty
13th February 2020, 09:45 PM
Thank you for spreading the word Bob but I’m afraid we’re still working on it. Engineering seems to be easier than word crafting?The website is being proof read as we speak. So far the proof reading team have found one technical error, 2 typos and 4, yup FOUR, misplaced apostrophes! I think it will be nice for a website about a labour of love being launched on Valentines Day?

Packdaddy
13th February 2020, 10:04 PM
Haha well it's a work in progress, as is my entire shed, so I'm in no rush.

I've recently moved into a place with a 6x9m shed, but we also had a baby two weeks later so there's been little progress setting it up. I actually need to prioritise the work i do, firstly as I've just discovered this week - I need to dig some drainage trenches around it to prevent it flooding :((

In answer to your question therefore - my Hafco DC7 (no cyclone) is currently just hooked up directly to the TS/thicknesser with a length of 100mm flex hose until I can prevent flooding, in order to clad the walls and start installing ducted 150mm piping, which is when I'll be looking at blast gates.. probably quite a while off!

fletty
14th February 2020, 06:59 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, mates, drinking buddies and fellow woodies (and many of you fit in to at least 4 of those categories!), we announce to you the WORLDWIDE release of the website spawned in this very forum.....

https://autoblastgates.com.au/

It is a bold venture, as Sir Humphrey would have said, but we are committed to helping make our workplaces a safer place.

BobL
14th February 2020, 07:08 PM
Great! - have posted it on the WA Mens shed FB page.
Hope you get some enquiries.

ericks2
14th February 2020, 07:17 PM
Good stuff Chris, well done :)

Glider
16th February 2020, 07:46 PM
A really well designed website. Well done and best wishes for a bright future.

mick :)

ian
17th February 2020, 03:14 AM
It is a bold venture, as Sir Humphrey would have said, I believe Sir Humphrey's words would have been something about the venture being courageous

and now that we're on a new page, the website's address is Auto Blast Gates PTY LTD (https://autoblastgates.com.au/)

lewisc
18th February 2020, 04:53 PM
In talking with Chris over the last few weeks, I put an order in for a 15A, 150mm blast gate. I teach Design and Tech and the blast gate for our drum sander is around 2m off the ground. Students often forget about it plus they can't reach it easily. It seemed the perfect spot for a gate that opens itself. I had looked at the iVac system but it seemed you had to buy controllers that went with it and the cost was quite pricey.

I installed it this afternoon and it works as expected. As soon as the machine is turned on, the gate opens. When it's turned off, the gate takes a few extra seconds to turn off. Next up is to tidy up a few wires and it's all good to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe3RhZxPIM0

Chris Parks
18th February 2020, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the feed back Lewis, it is good to see how it manages the DE system in practise.

NCArcher
22nd February 2020, 08:33 PM

I'm about to knock up a 3 phase version which I will trial in Chris's shed as he has 3 phase power. It will have the same plug n play approach as the other controllers so won't require the services of an electrician. It will be available in 10 Amp 4 pin and 20 Amp 4 pin versions. I figure this will cover the majority of installations as these are the two most common sizes of 3 phase socket outlets. When I'm happy with it's operation I'll add it to the price list. Won't be too much more expensive.
I've also made a remote control unit that can switch anything that is plugged into it, up to 15A. Designed to remotely switch your dust extractor. Pricing will be added to the website when we have finished testing.

Glider
23rd February 2020, 07:39 AM
Oops! I really don't want a picture, just knocked the touch pad.

mick

fletty
23rd February 2020, 08:31 AM
Oops! I really don't want a picture, just knocked the touch pad.

mick

Well, because you’re such a good bloke, you can have a picture anyway....

So far the results have been excellent. I can even leave my 15A thicknesser on, walk up to the house, make a cup of coffee and then turn it off from the deck! I am of course, claiming this to be a part of the rigorous testing regime whereas Mrs Fletty insists that I just forgot!

wheelinround
23rd February 2020, 10:22 AM
I'll back Mrs Flett

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

A Duke
24th April 2020, 11:56 AM
Hi,
Congratulations on the write up you all received in the latest ( No 157 ) Australian Woodsmith.
Good one

NCArcher
2nd June 2020, 04:41 PM
For any potential customers that are wondering about electrical approval. Not all items in Australia require certification and approval. Our controllers are classified as a non-declared article and as such do not require approval or have to have the certification symbol. They do have to conform to AS/NZ 3820:2009 which is the Essential Safety Requirements for Electrical Equipment. They do conform to these standards and in fact exceed them in many areas. I'm more than happy to talk to any customers that have questions or concerns about any of our products.

DaroldE
19th June 2020, 08:31 PM
Looks like a good idea our members do not always open the gate for our jointer so an automatic one would be great. I am not able to find how to contact the makers of this. Can someone tell how to make contact to learn more please ta

BobL
19th June 2020, 08:42 PM
Looks like a good idea our members do not always open the gate for our jointer so an automatic one would be great. I am not able to find how to contact the makers of this. Can someone tell how to make contact to learn more please ta

look in the signature of the post above yours for the website link.

Chris Parks
19th June 2020, 09:54 PM
Here is the direct link to the contact page https://autoblastgates.com.au/contact or you can PM me here with a phone number and I will contact you directly.

Chris Parks
26th June 2020, 11:15 AM
We have come across an opportunity to supply bell mouth fittings in quantity and as this is not a product that we had in mind when ABG was setup we are wondering if there is a demand for them and if so we will then offer BMH's within our product range. The price would be in the range of $30 for a 150mm and as yet the 100mm has not been priced but if the demand is there it can be looked at. Any price would be plus P&P of course.

bueller
26th June 2020, 11:57 AM
A thousand times yes [emoji108]

Bernmc
28th June 2020, 07:53 PM
I'd grab a couple

Lappa
28th June 2020, 08:18 PM
I could do with another 150mm

Chris Parks
28th June 2020, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the interest guys, Lappa if you want to PM your phone number & email address I will give you a call tomorrow and organise things. Bernard, see your email.

bueller
28th June 2020, 09:32 PM
Any word on the 100mm BMH? I'd like to grab 4 of those and 3 x 150mm.

Chris Parks
28th June 2020, 09:50 PM
No worries Bueller, can you also PM me your contact details and we will get things underway.

bueller
28th June 2020, 09:59 PM
Will do thanks!

Chris Parks
29th June 2020, 07:40 PM
Any word on the 100mm BMH? I'd like to grab 4 of those and 3 x 150mm.

The 100mm BM should be available in about three weeks time all going well.

Chris Parks
29th June 2020, 07:45 PM
Pricing on BM's will be $30 for 150mm & $25 for 100mm plus postage. The postage will be in flat rate bags or boxes which I am told will cost $8 for a 150mm. The good part is if a 100mm was to be ordered with a 150mm the postage would be $8 as the 100mm fill fit inside the 150mm.

Tonyz
3rd September 2020, 09:34 PM
hooly dooley man, I was recently 'gifted' some spondoolies for improving my shed, now that could be taken 2 ways.....
1 get your finger out and actually finish something you started 2 years ago....
2 I see the dust and dirt around and think your shed could be cleaner.....

I took the gift thinking what new gear can I buy.:D

I procrastinate a lot and always want changes rather than getting A into gear and making things. So the shed has always been in a stage of 'not happy with it, think I'll change it.' so everything was a right royal mess and depressing, kind of like a kids/teenagers bedroom... "go and clean your room" they go in and its such a mess, they dont know where to start so get nothing done.

One of my original plans was to run a 150mm pipe under a workbench that housed...
at one end pedestal drill press, SCMS, Kreg router table with Triton router and other end 14" band saw. i wanted blast gates on all but trying to make these that could easily be moved under a workbench/cabinet was defeating.
Then dear Blastgates.com.au came into being..... I watched, read, observed for awhile, then looked at the spondoolies and thought hey way to go.

These guys know quality, not laminated MDF but laminated Marine 19mm ply and not just nutsNbolts but nyloc nuts... I could swear but man this stuff is quality. i have recieved 4x150 & 1x100 auto blast gates.

However the downside has been the whole bench/cabinet has been dismantled and we start from scratch. I spent over an hour today just turning my Festo electric sander on N of while it was hooked up to the blast gates just watching them open N close.

I am reinvigorated and excited.
Another little joy is having a part time job, getting paid for holidays and being forced to take them holidays. After 30 odd years of being my own boss this is beautiful.

Glider
4th September 2020, 10:13 AM
I spent over an hour today just turning my Festo electric sander on N of while it was hooked up to the blast gates just watching them open N close.

I am reinvigorated and excited.

Me too!

mick :))

Flintlock
24th May 2023, 07:52 PM
I have sent you an email enquiry from your website re pricing.

NCArcher
25th May 2023, 07:53 AM
Replied last night Ian

AndrewK01
25th May 2023, 05:39 PM
Well worth the investment Flintlock, one of the best things I put in my shed, I have 10 I think running, and they haven’t missed a beat since they were installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro