PDA

View Full Version : My pregnant wife

Pages : [1] 2 3

Waldo
4th November 2005, 11:32 PM
G'day,

Today hasn't been a good day, my wife has been admitted to hospital with pregnancy complications (5 months pregnant / 24 weeks) and will be in there until the baby is born, which could be tonight or sometime up until February.

I pray that she will be in there until February but who knows.

So with that, I will be in at the hospital most days and nights and my time here won't be as often as has been lately nor will shed time.

rodm
4th November 2005, 11:40 PM
Waldo
I really hope it all goes well for the bub and your wife. Hang in there and our thoughts and wishes are with you.

graemet
4th November 2005, 11:40 PM
G'day Waldo,
I hope she's in for quite a while for all your sakes. Good luck, mate, give her a cuddle from all of us!
Cheers
Graeme

Waldo
4th November 2005, 11:44 PM
G'day Rodm and Graemet,

Thanks for the thoughts. I hope she's in there for a long while, even though I'll be lonely at night and probably looking at this Forum until the small hours every night and she'll be bored, I hope she stays in the for the long run.

I don't like the % if she's not.

ele__13
4th November 2005, 11:46 PM
Waldo and also to mrs Waldo hope all goes well we have anew baby grand nephew as of 7 past 3 this morning BUT he was born at 1 day off 42 weeks our toes crossed that bub stays put for the moment and all goes well ... we have another friend here that delivered at 32 weeks and is doing really well .... she was breatheing on her own from the word go so sue is very lucky amazing wat can be done now for premmies ..

good luck jules

doug the slug
4th November 2005, 11:47 PM
on the bright side, premi babies arent the big problem they used to be, but i can understand your concern and i hope that all goes well for the three of you, keep us posted with the progress, and good luckhttp://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon7.gif

Wood Butcher
5th November 2005, 12:07 AM
Waldo,
to a degree and can sympathise with your feelings. My wife was in and out of hospital with our daughter for the last two months of her pregnancy with complications, culminating in one very long and stressful but thankfully successful labour.

I hope that all will be okay and I am sure that everyone here will be thinking of you and your wife!

Waldo
5th November 2005, 12:08 AM
G'day Ele_13 and Doug,

Thanks. I sometimes get into trouble for being here but I'm sure my wife will like to see a print out of all the support and wishes you have shown.

savage
5th November 2005, 12:12 AM
Hey Waldo,

just read about your wife and now understand what you meant in the other thread, (feel like a goose, sorry), she has help on hand if needed and plenty of rest (she can't do any work, you know what it's like) "I'll just do this or that!" takes the temptation away, on the other hand she will get bored. Take her stuff to keep her mind amused, I took my wife puzzle mags (find'a'word and the like), a few novels, get the telly (mainly for night time) anything to amuse her. She'll still get bored but atleast it's something.
Good luck and keep us posted, try not to worry!
savage(Eric):) :) :)

savage
5th November 2005, 12:15 AM
G'day Ele_13 and Doug,

Thanks. I sometimes get into trouble for being here but I'm sure my wife will like to see a print out of all the support and wishes you have shown.
Waldo,
doing the same for Rays family, great minds Eh!
savage(Eric):)

Waldo
5th November 2005, 12:20 AM
G'day Wood Butcher and Savage,

All this somewhere out there typing on the net stuff seeing posts of wood work, questions and answers and it's also how we offer wishes of health etc. and replies like you have all given that really help out, so thanks.

And thanks for making it all happen.

E. maculata
5th November 2005, 12:52 AM
Waldo, the odds are well in your families favour, it's really amazing what the medical community takes for granted these days, while us mere mortals still remember the old days as if nothings progressed.
SWMBO had a cancer op while pregnant, cancer discovered during ultrasound, basically our "little girl" saved her mums life just by being, baby had to be moved aside while Mum was having bits removed, amazing stuff :) both of our 2 were premmies, #1 32 weeks 2 lbs 13 oz girl stayed in special care for 2 months after had 3 ops before she was 1, now eight years old 150cm tall and 45 kg, and complete brainiac (takes after me big boned :) )
#2 7 weeks early, hugely difficult pregnancy lots of hospital stays for Mum, constant medical supervision, but still his birthweight was 6lb 14 oz, now 4.5 and as robust as hell.
It takes its' toll at the time I reckon I aged 10 years in 5 months, but now it's all :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D .
Look after her and be an anchor for her, that's what we're here for.

Ashore
5th November 2005, 12:56 AM
Waldo I have a nephew who is 6'1" and 31 years old he was born 22 weeks
Its not easy a long time in a humi crib but even back then he 's ok
Things have gotten a whole lot better in the last 30 years
Our thoughts and prayers are with your family and all the good vibes we can send

Rgds

Ashore

Kev Y.
5th November 2005, 07:54 AM
Waldo, been there done that, When daughter number 2 was being constructed the (then MRS) was confined to bed for 16 weeks! 9 weeks of that was in Melbourne.

Be prepared to loose a huge amount of time running back and forward to the hospital. On the plus side, if she is having complications, there are no better people to be looking after THEM.

I should warn you that when she is finally released, you may find her sticking to you like a second skin, mine did - and it freaked me out.

I hope all goes well, stay in touch and let us know how things are progressing.

channa
5th November 2005, 08:31 AM
Good luck Waldo. Don't hardly know ya, but this forum is like a family. We're thinking of you and sending our best wishes. Take one day at a time and keep us posted.Best wishes, Chris H

Sturdee
5th November 2005, 09:15 AM
Waldo,

When my youngest daughter was born my wife, due to her diabetes, had to be in hospital for 6 weeks prior to the birth. It was the best place for her to be but it was a strain on all of us.

At the time I took my LSL and accumulated holiday pay to cope with running the family and reglarly visiting her in hospital. It's tough but you cope.

Although I didn't have the same worries and concerns I understand what you're going through.

Goodluck to you and your wife and I hope her stay in hospital will do the trick and that the outcome is a health child.

Peter.

ptc
5th November 2005, 09:28 AM
Hope all goes well for you both .

Waldo
5th November 2005, 09:49 AM
G'day Sturdee,

I understand what your may have gone through in a way, as my wife also is a Type 1 diabetic.

Part of the complication is my wife's small size, she is only 5' 1" and she only has a small cervix which the baby has decided to start heading towards, which is partly due to a build up of fluid which is also pushing the baby down.

Among other things the doctors are giving her medication to try and get the baby to stay where it is as much as it seems it wants to say g'day and medication to develop the baby's lungs if it does want to say g'day.

To everyone who has posted this morning, PTC, Ashore, E. Malacuta, Brudda and Channa, thanks for your thoughts and best wishes. Without a SIL down here I don't have any family down here in Antartica so your posts have been great.

Groggy
5th November 2005, 10:04 AM
Waldo, I hope things go well for the missus and yourself. Health problems make for stressful times.

Waldo
5th November 2005, 10:08 AM
G'day Groggy,

Thanks.

There'll be a lot of days spent at the hospital, one thing that doesn't make things more complicated is my work, easier that I'm my own boss but bound by clients, but I can be portable and take my laptop to the hospital and do my work there.

Gumby
5th November 2005, 10:08 AM
That's not good news Chris, but she's in the right place. The best thing you can do now is keep your spirits up and stay positive, particularly when you see your wife. I think a really positive mind set goes a long way in helping.

Modern technology is just amazing, so I'm sure things will work out well for you.

My best wishes to you both, and the baby too of course.

Waldo
5th November 2005, 10:15 AM
G'day Ian,

Thanks mate. Yesterday was pretty rough. I do have strict instructions not to get the house all messed up.

Gumby
5th November 2005, 10:31 AM
G'day Ian,

I do have strict instructions not to get the house all messed up.

Make sure you stick to that then or I'll send the house inspection Police around and dob you in. ;) :)

AlexS
5th November 2005, 12:57 PM
Sorry to hear of the problems Waldo, but hope all goes well.

NewLou
5th November 2005, 01:02 PM
Best Wishes Waldo................hope all goes well for the misses a soon to be new Bub..............Hang in there

Regards Lou

outback
5th November 2005, 01:17 PM
Best of luck Waldo. Our complications seem to pale into insignificance compared to others. SWMBO was only in hospital three weeks before our 1st daughter was born. Everything went Ok whilst she was there. Like others said, she's in the right place, hang in there mate.

Rusty
5th November 2005, 02:37 PM
Waldo, good luck and best wishes to you both; a friend of mine was hardly allowed to move out of bed for six months while she was pregnant, but it all worked out fine- she nearly went nuts with boredom, though!

Like everyone says, hospitals can do amazing things with mums and bubs these days. It'll be fine.

Regards,
Rusty.

TrevorOwen
5th November 2005, 04:17 PM
Waldo
Like many members of this forum I lurk but don't often post but also like so many, it feels very much like a family affair when reading either about projects, help or personal trauma.
I am thinking of you and yours and hope that all goes well for you, your wife and unborn baby.

Regards from Adelaide
Trevor Owen

Sturdee
5th November 2005, 05:05 PM
Waldo,

They must have come out of the same mould. :D

Mine is also petite and is an insulin dependant diabetic. Daily, just to stay alive, she needs to take about 6 insulin injections and do about 12 blood sugar tests as well as matching her food intake and physical exercise with the insulin.

If she gets it wrong and it goes out of kilter she gets hypos and sometimes becomes hyper. Often there is no rhyme or reason as to why her blood sugar levels fluctuate so much. No doubt your wife is in a similar predicament and in the circumstances the hospital is the best place for her whilst waiting for the birth.

I was lucky in that I did have family living close by and I was also able to get council home help for a few hours each week. This may be also available for you and can be a big help.

Again I hope things go well for you and your wife and that a healthy bub is the outcome making this difficult time worth it.

Peter.

aussiecolector
5th November 2005, 05:21 PM
Waldo, I under stand how you are feeling. Two months ago my wife went in for a 20 week scan, the doc put her in thearter that day then hosipial for 11 days. She is on rest now and not to leave town. only problem is town is 300 km from home. The phone, fuel and doctors bills are adding up. You will find the hosiptal a drag but it will be worth it in the end.
We have two girls, the first came at 33 weeks and spent 30 days in speical care, the second was 8 days over. The third is due 22nd of Januray but the docter is hoping to get her to 32 weeks, we're praying for at least Christmas.

Harry72
5th November 2005, 05:58 PM
Best of luck Waldo. hope all goes well for your family.

biotechy2k
5th November 2005, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE=Waldo]G'day,

Today hasn't been a good day, my wife has been admitted to hospital with pregnancy complications (5 months pregnant / 24 weeks) and will be in there until the baby is born, which could be tonight or sometime up until February.

Dear Waldo
Keeping you and wife and soon to be little waldo in our Thoughts and prayers
Hope all are home healthy and happy with a new little budding woodworker on the boards
Take Care our med system is pretty good these day and ages
our littlest is now 8 was induced nearly 2 months early as I spent the last trimester in a wheel chair they (hosp staff) were just wonderful with our little one who spent a long time in the intensive care neonatal nursery but now she's just hell on legs LOL
Hugs Mate
Bio

Gra
5th November 2005, 10:34 PM
Hay Waldo,

Get used to posting here at odd hours, When the baby does arrive, what esle are you going to do while he is screaming, cant sleep, might as well surf..

Why do you think I post at strange hours.... :-)

Good luck to you and Mrs waldo, Remeber she has a whole hospital to look after her, You have to look after yourself, so dont forget to take care of yourself

As for the mess, just get the boys around the day before she gets home out on a couple of slabs and throw some animal on the fire and say when the house is clean we open the booze..

DanP
5th November 2005, 10:37 PM
Chris, MrsP was two weeks and a couple of days over with the first and still had to be induced, and went by herself a week and a half over with the second. I'll have her send you some of her "overdueness".

All the best to you and her. Make sure she does nothing at all. She will keep trying to do things, she wont be able to help herself.

Dan

scooter
5th November 2005, 10:50 PM
Chris, thinking of you all, mate, hang in there.

Regards..................Sean

Waldo
5th November 2005, 10:51 PM
G'day,

Just got back from the hospital and found a tonne of messages of support from a stack more of you lot. Thanks.

Gumby, it might be my MIL that'll be keeping this place ship shape down the track, but SWMBO says she has a phone beside her and she only has to ring and ask me on the condition and she doesn't like lies. :D

Sturdee, yep same mould. The smaller ones are the cuter ones hey. :D SWMBO is on an insulin pump which has helped her levels quite abit but the fingers get lots of pricks from testing. The curse of the pump is it's by a canula in her thigh which alternates from 4 days right, 4 days left side which means 4 days of cuddles at night and visa versa. Except lately because of all the pillows none, but all for a great cause.

I'd like top respond to all the messages you lot sent today but I haven't eaten yet, but let me say a big thanks and you've given more more stuff to print out to show SWMBO tomorrow which she does enjoy. :)

Gumby
5th November 2005, 10:54 PM
Good news. Another day gone, the baby is another day stronger. See it gets better all the time. One day at a time. :)

RufflyRustic
5th November 2005, 10:57 PM
Hi Waldo, Thinking of you, Mrs Waldo and lil Pugdy at this time.

God Bless,

PS: what Gra said sounds spot on - you'll be in better shape to cope with whatever comes if you keep looking after yourself. RR

Waldo
5th November 2005, 10:57 PM
G'day,

Yep, and that's how we're taking it and I asked SWMBO tonight to talk to Bub and tell it to stay where it's nice and warm in her tummy. :)

ele__13
6th November 2005, 12:44 AM
Glad all has gone well int he world for another day have just waited up for our baby to come home she is safe after the car tyre went flat and they slipped off the rd nr the beach freshly graded and rained on road .. oh well they is home and u have all this in front of u Waldo .... our babe is almost 15 and our eldest 20 ... and im keeping the hairdye company's in dollars heheheh have a good nite cheers all jules

Farm boy
6th November 2005, 02:52 AM
hi waldo

hospitals can do wonders my angel was 5 weeks premy and the missus was in hospital 2 weeks before that hang in there and best wishes
greg

Schtoo
6th November 2005, 12:19 PM
Jeeze.

I hope everything works out for you guys, I really REALLY do.

Stu, waiting for his 24 weeks pregnant wife to come home from the clinic...

Explain why? ;)

I shouldn't hve read all this. Half freakin terrified now... :eek:

Driver
6th November 2005, 12:26 PM
Only caught up with this thread today, Waldo. I hope everything works out well for you and your family.

Col

TritonJapan
6th November 2005, 06:32 PM
Waldo,

Thanks for sharing this with us.

It is so easy to expect everything to go as smooth as clockwork that we forget what a miracle the gift of life can be and what an amazing thing it is that the womenfolk can do.

Though we whinge about it, the Australian healthcare system is probably better than most. The knowledge and toys they have should be better than at any other time in history.

I feel for you both. Chances are that you will feel the frustration of not being able to fix things and your partner will be needing emotional support.

Thinking of you both and wishing for the best for junior.

Kindest regards,

Steve

Waldo
6th November 2005, 10:05 PM
G'day,

Farmboy, Schtoo, Driver and TritonJapan, thanks for your posts - SWMBO is enjoying reading your comments and best wishes as they really do help.

Today she got past the dangerous 48 hour period which is great news, if she can make it to Tuesday that'll give her 25 weeks which makes the odds of survival and brain damage that bit better. She's sick of the having to lay down continuously and the looking at 4 walls. Friday was hard, it still is but each day that passes is making it that bit easier for both of us.

Any the food is beaut. :)

Gumby
6th November 2005, 10:18 PM
Any the food is beaut. :)

Are you sure she's in hospital then ? :confused:

Waldo
6th November 2005, 10:20 PM
G'day Ian,

Yeah it's a hard one to believe but the food is good and it doesn't have that hospital air smell to it either. :confused:

Gumby
6th November 2005, 10:24 PM
G'day Ian,

Yeah it's a hard one to believe but the food is good and it doesn't have that hospital air smell to it either. :confused:

Sounds like she's in exactly the right place then. ;)

Captain Chaos
6th November 2005, 11:27 PM
G'day Waldo & Mrs. Waldo AND Littlest Waldo,
My sincerest wishes and belief that everything will work out for the very best for all of you.
Take good care,
Barry.

namtrak
7th November 2005, 09:31 AM
All the best guys, I hope it all works out for ya!!

Cheers

Wongo
7th November 2005, 08:32 PM
Waldo, All the best mate. :)

Wood Borer
8th November 2005, 08:31 AM
Chris,

Thinking of you and the family with fingers and toes crossed.

ele__13
10th November 2005, 10:17 PM
Waldo How is the boss lady doing????? and the littlest waldo as well????

we all have crossed toes that all is going well cheers jules

Waldo
11th November 2005, 12:19 AM
G'day ele_13,

Well SWMBO has made it to 25 weeks which takes the survival rate from just 58% to 72% which is great news, % of brain damage is lessened but can't remember the figures. She is on about 10 different drugs one of which is to reduce the fluid and although the reduction of fluid is marginal it's stable which is good news for us.

Hoping bub can stay inside a lot longer yet but who knows. MIL has come down to offer her support for how ever long bub stays put and a few weeks past his/her birth. Which is great because since Friday I haven't been able to eg. wash the dishes which daily visits to hospital and trying to keep up to speed with my clients and their jobs on hand and MIL came in the door this morning, washed and dried the dishes and put on some washing for me.

Clients are understanding to me dropping the pace a bit. Parking at hospital is a killer each day especially with a parking ticket already.

Will post updates as they come.

aussiecolector
11th November 2005, 08:44 PM
Good on you. My wife made 30 weeks today. Doctor admitted yesterday that he gave her 0% chance of keeping the baby when he first saw her at 20 weeks. Wife informed him that we have had a lot of people prarying for bub.

Waldo
11th November 2005, 09:13 PM
G'day Aussiecollector,

Steuth! I know what you are going through and feel for you. Hope all goes to plan for you and your family too. :)

Hope your wife is hanging in there, it's a hard time staying on that bed constantly. It's catch 22, you want your wife to be able to get off that bed, and come home where she wants to be, but on the other hand she knows it's best if she can hang in there as long as she can so bub gets a big bigger and more developed.

aussiecolector
11th November 2005, 09:41 PM
Yes she is getting a bit fidgity as I gess Mrs Waldo is. One word of advice, don't keep the house too perfict or she will think you can do it better than her and you mite get stuck with the job. On the other hand if it is not good enough look out.

aussiecolector
15th November 2005, 10:54 PM
Waldo,

How is every thing going? I hope your not about to burn your self out and that Wife and Baby are well.

Waldo
16th November 2005, 09:27 AM
G'day Aussiecollector,

Today SWMBO has her 26 week scan done. Doctors are really happy that she's gots this far, they're hoping she can make 28 weeks but the goal is 30 weeks and whatever she can get after that will be excellent. Fluid has lessened a bit, still some discomfort in her ribs. Nights aren't her favourite when she is the most uncomfortable. SWMBO is doing a lot better than 11 days ago.

Yes I feel very burnt out from spending as much time as I can with her - I'm working 1/2 days at the home office and 1/2 days in the ward with her. But today I need to spend the full day at home office to get some client presentatiions finalised for a series of meeetings tomorrow. So far 3 parking tickets from the parking cops - already had a blue with one (arrived one inute late to feed the meter) and yesterday got a ticket even though the meter was paid up. :mad:

My meals consist of microwave dinners which I have with SWMBO while she has really nice stuff from the hospital. Friends have given me some ready cooked meals which I just have to heat up.

I'll know more news later tonight when I go in.

savage
16th November 2005, 09:41 AM
G'Day Waldo,
Glad to hear things are looking up, got my fingers crossed for all of you, keep the post going as I and many others are following it I am sure!..:)
savage(Eric):)

Wood Borer
16th November 2005, 10:24 AM
Good news Chris.

Waldo
16th November 2005, 10:25 AM
G'day Rob,

Thanks.

TassieKiwi
16th November 2005, 10:33 AM
Gidday Waldo - just caught up on this. Things are looking up! Stay positive, one day at a time mate.

Best wishes

Den

Waldo
16th November 2005, 11:03 AM
G'day,

How things change so quickly. The ultra sound has just been done. Bub is fine but my wife is dilated by 3cm and has more fluid than before she went in. All the medication has done very little, not as it should have anyway. Doctors are now unsure of what to do by way of medication to the point of bringing Bub into the world now. They're thinking of giving more steroids but the impact on Bub would be unknown.

One thing that made my wife so happy was the simple pleasure of not using bed pans and getting up to go to the loo and having her bed slighly raised - now, her head is back below sea level and her feet are as high as Mt Everest and she has to use bed pans. The positives have turned to the negatives for her. She was so happy with these little steps forward but now it's another story.

MIL is with her and as soon as I can I'll be in there later today to do what little I can. There's some positives in that Bub has been delayed by 12 days but the discomfort for my wife is going to wear her down very quickly with todays events.

DanP
16th November 2005, 11:32 AM
Chris,

Sounds like one step forward, two steps back. Even if bub does come this early, the risks are not what they used to be. My brother was 8 wks prem, 25 years ago and that was a big problem - then - he almost didn't make it. Eight weeks is not considered all that early now. A friend had her bub at just over half term, weight 900 grams, about 2lb. Bub survived and then thrived and now you wouldn't know the difference.

Chin up mate. I often think that if the bub wants to come, it will, no matter what the docs do... If it's time then it's time.

Dan

Waldo
16th November 2005, 11:41 AM
G'say DanP,

The odds are much better now than 12 days ago and much better than time past. For my wife's sanity and happiness she'd like to say hello to Bub now, but on the other hand ...

Kylie (SWMBO) is waiting to see her specialist (who is a great woman - Kylie said to her she'd just like to die, in reference to the pain of the fluid etc., the specialist said to her, "Well then when the baby comes out, we'll take turns you can smack Bub then I will") to try and work out what is the next best step. Which hopefully, to be greedy doesn't mean into the delivery room now as I have a stack of client work to design, print and mount before I can go back to see her, which Kylie also hopes she can hold off for.

TassieKiwi
16th November 2005, 11:48 AM
G'say DanP,

Which hopefully, to be greedy doesn't mean into the delivery room now as I have a stack of client work to design, print and mount before I can go back to see her, which Kylie also hopes she can hold off for.

Don't lose sight of who/what is important. I got priorities wrong after the birth of No.2, and I now really regret it. Work can wait, your family is more important. Clients will understand, trust me - wife will be less understanding of work commitments, and will have a long memory!

Good luck

Den

DanP
16th November 2005, 11:53 AM
I can understand your being torn between wanting bub now and waiting. When MrsP went over by 2+ weeks on number 1 it seemed longer than the whole pregnancy. She may be in pain and discomfort now but it will all be forgotten the minute she sees the little one.

I hope that all is well either way,

Dan

Waldo
16th November 2005, 11:54 AM
G'day TassieKiwi,

It's OK I know who's important, it's those in the hospital ward.

It's just hard juggling a business with deadlines etc., but working for myself it means there's no such thing as 9-5 (sometimes it's a 24 hour plus day), it's just now a wait and see what the specialist says.

HavinaGo
16th November 2005, 12:28 PM
All the best to you all Waldo.

aussiecolector
16th November 2005, 01:52 PM
Waldo,
Sorry to hear things aren't as good as they could be. A frend of mine had twins at 25 weeks a few months ago, they lost one which they were expecting, but the other is doing great. 26 weeks is getting safe with the medical care today but every day is a day better.
Praying that Mrs Waldo can hold out a bit longer and that all's well in the end.

Waldo
16th November 2005, 01:56 PM
G'day Aussiecolector,

Thanks for that. The latest news off about 1/2 hour ago is the specialist says that it's now an hour by hour thing, but each day is excellent. And if Bub does come it will be a very quick delivery and I just hope that I can get all of my work done today before Bub says hello to the world.

I'll feel ripped off if I'm not there and my MIL is there to see it and I'm not.

AlexS
16th November 2005, 02:01 PM
Hang in there Waldo, we're all thinking of you & Mrs Waldo, & hoping all goes well.

Waldo
16th November 2005, 02:03 PM
G'day AlexS,

Thanks mate.

Wood Borer
16th November 2005, 02:09 PM
Which hospital Chris?

If it is any of the ones in East Melbourne, you can park your car at our place and catch the 75 tram - 1 minute walk to the tram stop and no more parking fines.

Our driveway is yours if required.

Waldo
16th November 2005, 02:12 PM
G'day Rob,

Kylie is at the Francess Perry, Floor 10 Room 3.

Thanks for the offer, may yet take you up on that. To get around the parking cops as of yesterday I got a weekly parking ticket to the car park across the raod which my MIL and I swap depending on who's where and when.

DanP
16th November 2005, 02:15 PM
Waldo,

I was not allowed to be present during the birth of our first (CS) and I still think it was one of the worst times of my life. Please don't let work keep you away.

Dan

Gumby
16th November 2005, 02:19 PM
Chris, get in there if you can. Seeing my child born was the greatest thrill I've ever had. However, having said that, the health of the baby and your wife are the most important things.

She's in the right place and she has lots of support.

I hope it all works out for you.

Waldo
16th November 2005, 02:19 PM
G'day DanP,

As soon as I've done enough that I can finish the rest in the early hours of the morning I'm packing up here and jumping in the car - could be 2 hours off that yet. I'm racing don't worry.

The last thing I want to do is miss the little fella saying hello and to hold him/her before going into the humi crib.

DavidG
16th November 2005, 02:25 PM
Waldo
Hang in mate. The whole board is behind you.
Sorry I am too far away to help.
Dave..

TassieKiwi
16th November 2005, 02:26 PM
G'day TassieKiwi,

It's OK I know who's important, it's those in the hospital ward.

It's just hard juggling a business with deadlines etc., but working for myself it means there's no such thing as 9-5 (sometimes it's a 24 hour plus day), it's just now a wait and see what the specialist says.

Ahh - can't tell the boss to get stuffed eh? That makes it a bit harder. Do you have any friends that could assist in the donkey work? I guess you would have already thought of that.

Waldo
16th November 2005, 02:30 PM
Seeing my child born was the greatest thrill I've ever had.

G'day Gumby,

That's what I'm hoping to be there for, see how it goes.

TassieKiwi, thanks. What I'm doing right now is pure design so it's not something I can pass on too easily. Just hoping I have enough ink for the printer.

Trav
16th November 2005, 02:44 PM
Waldo

I jsut came across this thread. Sorry to hear about your situation mate. With a baby on the way I can relate.

Hope it all works out.

Trav

ptc
16th November 2005, 06:05 PM
Your getting there.
every days a winner.
Tell her she has a lot of fans out here.

Schtoo
17th November 2005, 02:51 AM
Really hoping it works out for you guys there.

And jam the work. I'd walk out on my work here instantly if family asked it of me. No hesitation whatsoever.

If the clients can't understand that, then I'd be inclined to think yer prolly better off without people like that. ;)

On the cooking, if you need some ideas for cooking your own grub, give a shout. I'm sure we can come up with something.

Says I with a sirloin steak (from you know where) in the fridge for tomorrow night's dinner. :D

Good luck mate, sounds like you need it more than we do here.

ele__13
17th November 2005, 04:40 AM
Waldo our hopes prayers and good wishes are with you.... and the boss lady and ur whole family hope today is a better day for u all jules

Clinton1
17th November 2005, 11:45 AM
Again, all the best to you Waldo and Kylie.
The whole situation must suck, however it seems that you are in good hands and each day brings you a little closer to a new little member of your family.
Hope that you can stay supportive and strong for Kylie, and tell Kylie that there is a whole heap of well wishers that are cheering for her.
Can't offer any help with the design work - however if you need a lawn mowed or if you feel like a bleat session over a coffee - give me a yell.

Go you good thing.

scooter
17th November 2005, 04:31 PM
Keep the chin up Chris, thinking of you all.

Regards..............Sean

Waldo
17th November 2005, 10:00 PM
G'day,

Kylie is much better today. Last night was a killer for her with the bed set up the way it was which resulted in a lot of presure on her chest etc. meaning she had no sleep. Today she consulted with the medicos and they've put her bed to a much better incline which will mean the pressure is back on her cervix and bub could come sooner - but the torture of the pain reduced on her chest.

No bub yet but that is good in ways. Survival rate is now 91% against 58% which everyone is happier for.

Some cute nurses there which is always good.

Schtoo, can I have that sirloin medium well done with some pepper sauce?

Yeah Clinton1, the lawn is taking a back seat at the moment and I have to atack the weeds in the garden on Saturday.

I'll post with any more news later on, have to go watch Ghost in the Shell on good old SBS. :cool:

DavidG
17th November 2005, 10:13 PM
Good news.:)

Captain Chaos
17th November 2005, 10:51 PM
G'day Waldo,
Just caught up with the news. The road is still a bit rough but you are all getting there. My very best wishes and hopes for you all. Stay positive & put work on the back burner for now & be with Kylie.
To Rob ( Wood Borer ), my personal thanks for your offer to Chris re parking his car. I don't know if I can give you a greenie so I'll just say Thank You. To all who have offered help to Waldo, Thank You.
Take good care,
Barry.

Gumby
17th November 2005, 11:26 PM
News is getting better Chris, hang in there. You're nearly at 100 % !!!

Waldo
17th November 2005, 11:30 PM
G'day Gumby,

Yeah , getting there just playing the waiting game now. Spend the arvo watching some woodie DVDs while at the hospital :cool:

Have a weekly parking ticket until Tuesday, if we're still waiting past then I'll take Rob up on his offer. So long as he doesn't mind a Ford in the driveway. :eek:

Wood Borer
18th November 2005, 08:07 AM
Chris,

There's been Fords there before. I'll PM you all the contact details and if we don't answer the phone, just park in the driveway anyway. No inconvenience at all.

Keeping our fingers crossed for you and the family mate.

TEEJAY
18th November 2005, 06:52 PM
Just came across this thread Waldo and have read it all with much excitement for you, your wife and all the board behind you. So happy to hear it developing in a positive way and hope and pray for you guys to have a wonderful outcome.

Cheers matey and goodluck

Waldo
18th November 2005, 10:06 PM
G'day Teejay,

Thanks for your post. Bub is still staying put and had it's head poked this morning by the specialist - that's how low Bub is.

Razor
19th November 2005, 01:57 AM
Hi Waldo
I have been following Kylie's progress and while I haven't sent a message to you before, my thoughts and prayers have been with you. You may not have noticed but there are many like myself who while they have not sent a message they are wanting the very best for the three of you- just look at the number in the 'views' column.
All the best from the West
Ray

Waldo
19th November 2005, 08:19 PM
G'day Razor,

Thanks.

Well Kylie has been in hospital now for a bit over 2 weeks and aside from some pain and discomfort she's doing OK. Hates of course being bed ridden and the same four walls, she has a view from the 10th floor but all she can see is the sky and the occasional plane.

Was allowed today to get up to say g'day to the loo, which in her circumstances is a luxury and is a now and then thing. MIL and I are keeping vigil. Kylie is hoping Bub doesn't arrive on her b/day on Monday because she wants Bub to have it's own day and not share hers.

Auld Bassoon
19th November 2005, 09:02 PM
Hang in there mate, there's a lot of us with you, hoping for a good outcome for you all.

Cheers mate!

ele__13
20th November 2005, 04:39 PM
Kylie is hoping Bub doesn't arrive on her b/day on Monday because she wants Bub to have it's own day and not share hers.

Oh god i can understand that on e fullly i had Skye my daughter on my birthday its kewl in some ways but not having to share is better cheers jules