PDA

View Full Version : 23 years

Iain
5th November 2005, 10:11 AM
#1 On this day in 1982 I formally tied the knot with SWMBO, today she is still here.

#2 I forgot and copping some grief :(

Gumby
5th November 2005, 10:22 AM
23 years !

She deserves a medal I think. :D

Tikki
5th November 2005, 10:35 AM

Congratulations Iain and Rosemary :)
... plenty of hours left in the day to make it right Iain ;)

Cheers
Tikki :)

craigb
5th November 2005, 10:44 AM
Congratulations Iain.

I hope you're booking the flashest restaurant in Lang Lang for tonight. :)

Cheers
Craig

Iain
5th November 2005, 11:22 AM
I hope you're booking the flashest restaurant in Lang Lang for tonight. :)

Ha Ha, two options, The Palace Hotel (a palace it aint) vilest excuse for food in the Southern Hemisphere or the fish and chip shop which is marginally better.
We are actually going out next weekend for dinner, maybe Stoke House in St Kilda, goodbye to about $400.00, sheeeeeee-ite, could buy a decent tool for that :rolleyes:

Gumby, how about me :confused: :confused:

Tikki, I am finishing off a base for an old Rosewood dresser for her at the moment, used to be her Mothers but she didn't like it and put it out in the back yard for a few years (about 200 years old, dresser not late MIL), I am rebuilding what is left of it, piccys to follow.

I just realised, I forgot but she didn't buy me a pressy, bummer.

Termite
5th November 2005, 11:30 AM
#1 On this day in 1982 I formally tied the knot with SWMBO, today she is still here.

Iain, grovelling usually works. Congratulations to the pair of you. :D

Gumby
5th November 2005, 11:31 AM
We are actually going out next weekend for dinner, maybe Stoke House in St Kilda, goodbye to about $400.00, sheeeeeee-ite, could buy a decent tool for that :rolleyes:

You should try Fedele's in Springvale Rd Mt Waverley. Fab food, linen table clothes, silver service etc. and old style friendly service with genuine Italian cuisine. It's a relly nice place. Won't set you back as much as the Stoke House either, and it's better.

Or maybe Glencoe in Mont Albert, very classy.

Iain
5th November 2005, 11:42 AM
Thanks for that Mr G, I have often passed Glencoe and heard the ads on MBS FM and wondered what it was like.
My late Mother was a chef and taught me a lot, I am often very dissapointed with restaurants and feel I could do better at home for less with a decent bottle to boot.
I have always liked the food at Stoke House though, upstairs not downstairs.
I shall heed your suggestions.
Termite, I never grovel, gotta go, coming dear :rolleyes:

Kev Y.
5th November 2005, 02:48 PM
Iain.. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Watch out and dont do it again... You know what happened to me :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sturdee
5th November 2005, 04:08 PM
I have often passed Glencoe and heard the ads on MBS FM and wondered what it was like.

Iain,

I've been to Glencoe a few times over the years, last time 3 years ago, and each time the food and service was excellent.

If the dessert menu is still the same you won't be disappointed.

Peter.

ele__13
5th November 2005, 04:19 PM
Well done on the 23 yrs .
tomorrow the slug and i have been going out for 26 mths now wouldnt swap him for quids we have always tried to do something special for each other each month ive had the most divine seafood dinners apear been taken for picnics on the beach ect ect as wellas havingthe most divine woodwork items made for me .... im extremely lucky and enjoying life the second time round

cheers all jules

ps Iain and all the melb ites u have me extremely homesick and dreaming bout st kilda ect

Sturdee
5th November 2005, 04:41 PM
ps Iain and all the melb ites u have me extremely homesick and dreaming bout st kilda ect

In that case get Doug to take you to Melbourne for a holiday. :D Then we can all meet you two.

Peter.

doug the slug
5th November 2005, 04:48 PM
In that case get Doug to take you to Melbourne for a holiday. :D Then we can all meet you two.

Peter.

we wil probably be down that way within 12 months and when it happens we will try to tie it in with something to meet all the members down therehttp://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gif

Iain
5th November 2005, 09:15 PM
We've done a few of those and sure we can accomodate, fire up the barby.
Now Doug, about that avatar :D :D :D :D the cat is well and truly out of the bag :rolleyes:

savage
6th November 2005, 12:31 AM

Iain,
Boy didn't you read the fine print,
1. Do not forget her BIRTHDAY!
2. Never, ever forget the ANNIVERSARY!
I am sheet scared of missing either, don't care about anything else, the kids let me know when it's theres "Dad I want this or that, for my birthday", same with Xmas, can't forget that, thanks to all the junk mail months before. Congratulations on 23yrs, all will be good make a real fuss, but like any woman you'll never live it down, learn by your mistakes, I rekon your allowed at least one.
savage(Eric):)