PDA

View Full Version : Box Hill RSL GTG 30th March 2020

Oldgreybeard
12th March 2020, 09:17 AM
Hello!!
Anyone out there interested in a meal and chat at the RSL, Nelson St, Box Hill, Vic. Dinner at 6.30ish in the dining room followed by meeting in the lounge. Meet other woodworkers / artisans in a relaxed and informal atmosphere

RSVP ASAP in this thread

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Bob

Simplicity
12th March 2020, 10:16 AM
Myself an craft girl will be attending including dinner.
Looking forward to it,
Who else is game for some banter??

Cheers Matt.

doug3030
12th March 2020, 03:48 PM
I'm up for it, with Jools as well

Optimark
12th March 2020, 04:50 PM
I should be able to get there, always look forward to their beer battered fish.

Mick.

Simplicity
12th March 2020, 06:59 PM
I should be able to get there, always look forward to their beer battered fish.

Mick.

Excellent Mick?
Thought for a second it was the company [emoji6]

Cheers Matt.

doug3030
13th March 2020, 06:54 PM
always look forward to their beer battered fish.

Beer battered fish was nowhere near their usual standard last month, Mick. Looks like a new chef has the kitchen. :rolleyes: :no: :roll:

Optimark
13th March 2020, 07:32 PM
Beer battered fish was nowhere near their usual standard last month, Mick. Looks like a new chef has the kitchen. :rolleyes: :no: :roll:

Oh dear.

Mick.

Optimark
13th March 2020, 07:34 PM
Excellent Mick?
Thought for a second it was the company [emoji6]

Cheers Matt.

Well it looks like the company will be better than the beer battered fish, so you're safe. :D

On a serious note, it may come to pass that the venue may be closed due to the virus thing; which is starting to get some legs.

Mick.

Oldgreybeard
13th March 2020, 07:39 PM
In the past 2 days I have received PMs from 2 of our members regarding the Coronavirus and whether we should hold a GTG this month. I have discussed these concerns with Matt (Simplicity) and Doug (Doug3030)and whilst the risk for most of us is probably quite low, there is also the possibility that the RSL may close their doors in light of the proclamation by the government today banning all non-essential group gatherings of 500 or more people. We may only be a group of 10 or so, but there is regularly many more groups / individuals on the RSL premises while we are there.

We have decided that the GTG scheduled for 30th March 2012 should be cancelled. We will review the situation on a monthly basis with the intention to recommencing the GTGs as soon as circumstances permit.

Regards Bob

Handyjack
13th March 2020, 07:58 PM
While the GTG at Box Hill may have been cancelled, :( gatherings on the Forum are still permitted and perhaps encouraged. :)
Even though I have not got to any of the gatherings, I feel that I know a lot of you just through your posts, and while we may not meet in person the Forum on line still brings the community together.

crowie
13th March 2020, 08:45 PM
Gents, This is such sad news that the drama, media and hysteria around this virus has stopped a dozen woodworkers gathering to share there passion.....Cheers, crowie

Sturdee
13th March 2020, 10:57 PM
Gents, This is such sad news that the drama, media and hysteria around this virus has stopped a dozen woodworkers gathering to share there passion.....Cheers, crowie

Crowie,

I'm not concerned about any drama, media and hysteria around this virus but it is real concern, it is spreading and is a serious risk for someone with my health.

This is because of my age and having a breathing problem, ongoing prostrate cancer and an artificially kept inactive immune system because of my liver condition.

As such I've already adopted the policy of social distancing by only going out if unavoidable and staying at home instead.

I would advise everyone to take care.

Peter.