PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne - Woodwork Exhibition in December

TK1
7th November 2005, 11:42 AM
Hi All,

Been a while since I've posted but getting back into it now that I can get inside my shed and build something. What motivated me was to put together an entry for the "Create from a Crate" exhibition run by the Victorian Woodworkers Association.

So I thought I'd take this opportunity to let those who don't know about it, to know about it.

From December 2nd to 18th 2005, from 10am - 5pm every day, the VWA will be showcasing what promises to be an outstanding selection of pieces (based on those I saw last year) in three categories:

"Touchwood" which is pieces by top woodworkers, artists and craftsmen/women

"Start" which is pieces made by students

"Create from a Crate" where the maker gets a recycled crate from which to create a piece.

There were about 120 exhibits last year, from furniture and turnings to art pieces and scuplture.

Well worth a vitis by anone interested in woodwork or wood craft - excellent value entry and a great way to spend a few hours. I believe Touchwood has entries this year from some well known woodies so promises to be of a high standard.

It's on at the Meatmarket Arts Centre, 42 Courtney St Nth Melbourne (Melways 2B A9) or go to www.vwa.org.au for more info.

Enjoy!

Regards,
Darren

PS See if you can spot the entry by the 'Model Shipwright'!