PDA

View Full Version : G'day from Perth!

Luke_d
10th April 2020, 06:23 PM
Hey everyone, I'm Luke

Just moved to Perth about a week ago. Originally from Melbourne, lived in Brissy last 10 months then relocated again to here for Mrs' work.
Self isolating in an apartment (almost done!) and all my tools still making their way over locked up in a shipping container.
So currently looking for a new place to get set up again and start making some things again! :D

Been out of woodworking for a few years until recently, change in circumstances meant I had more time on my hands and could get back into it.
Was in shopfitting for 5 years or so prior, but was always more interested in furniture.

Looking forward to getting back into it and seeing what I can learn from others on here!

Cheers,

Luke

derekcohen
10th April 2020, 07:49 PM
Hi Luke

When life returns to "normal", there is the Fine Wood Association to join. The club meets every second Monday evening of the month from 7:00 pm. Demonstrations about tools and tool use. Held at the Perth Wood School.

Lots of Perth members on this forum.

Regards from Perth

Derek (in Rossmoyne)

crowie
10th April 2020, 09:41 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Luke".
There are a stack of members in Perth and surrounds plus the rest of the country.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork.
Cheers crowie

JJF
11th April 2020, 08:14 AM
Welcome to a forum