PDA

View Full Version : No smilies

Gumby
8th November 2005, 06:39 PM
How come, all of a sudden, I can't click on the smilies and add them in a post anymore ???

Only happened since today's upgrade.

DavidG
8th November 2005, 06:45 PM
:confused: :o :eek: :( :mad: :) :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;) :D
Works for me

Captain Chaos
8th November 2005, 06:53 PM
G'day Gumby, I tried to reply to Termites post but when I tried to post, a message came up saying that I wasn't logged on or that it was an invalid post. in the top RH corner of the page it says that I am logged in. Have the web page wizards brought the muckup fairy in to assist them - again?? Can't post smilies either. This is goin to be a gloomy thread. :-(

ozwinner
8th November 2005, 07:02 PM
How come, all of a sudden, I can't click on the smilies and add them in a post anymore ???

Only happened since today's upgrade.

Same here.

Al :confused: :o :eek: :( :mad: :) :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;) :D

Gumby
8th November 2005, 07:04 PM
:rolleyes: :( :mad: :eek: :) :p :cool: :rolleyes: ;) :D :D

hmmm, if I switch to Avant Browser (was using Firefox) it works !

:confused:

bitingmidge
8th November 2005, 07:15 PM
It's a bit early to complain (and since we are guests here it's not polite either), with the update only an hour old!

BUT

There's a few things I'm not liking yet!

Cheers,

P
:D :D :D :D

Driver
8th November 2005, 07:44 PM
This is just a trial smile
:D :) :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;) :eek: :D :D :D :D
I'm only here for a while
But it seems to be working
Had it not, I'd be very Annoyed!!

outback
8th November 2005, 07:47 PM
testing testing smiley smiley smiley :confused: :o :eek: :( :mad: :) :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;) :D

I can't see any differences to yesterday. :confused: :confused: :confused: & :confused: just because I can

MajorPanic
8th November 2005, 07:52 PM
testing testing smiley smiley smiley :confused: :o :eek: :( :mad: :) :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;) :D

I can't see any differences to yesterday. :confused: :confused: :confused: & :confused: just because I can Well give yerself an uppercut while yer at it!! Teasing those of us who can't use smilies OR insert an image!!! I mean to say it's just NOT cricket

bitingmidge
8th November 2005, 07:52 PM
Here is my trial smile

and another in a while

I've pressed and I've pressed

I'll give it a rest

and type in the code to beguile. :p

P

Pat
8th November 2005, 07:55 PM
:confused: :o :eek: :( :mad: :) :p :cool: :rolleyes: ;) :D

Gee mine worked first time . . . what blessed upgrade????

scooter
8th November 2005, 08:04 PM
Using firefox as well, no smilies working and quick reply not responding also.

Cheers..............Sean

MajorPanic
8th November 2005, 08:10 PM
For Firefox users clear out the history & the cache, It fix the problem for me ;) :D

martrix
8th November 2005, 08:52 PM
:confused: :rolleyes: I can post smilie's, yay:cool: . However, I used to be able to go and look at other websites, then come back and I would still be logged in, but now, everytime I come back I have to log in again, please enlighten moi?:(

Groggy
8th November 2005, 09:19 PM
I was going to quote Martrix but got all sorts of crud appeared. I am having to log in each time too, I suspect something is amiss in UBeaut-land.

macca2
8th November 2005, 10:06 PM
[PHP]:confused: :o :eek: [/PHP
]
Fantastic and with a spell checker too

DavidG
8th November 2005, 10:44 PM
[PHP]:confused: :o :eek: [/PHP
]
Fantastic and with a spell checker too
Wow I can now spill chuck and know i have no mulct wards.;)

Gumby
8th November 2005, 10:46 PM
For Firefox users clear out the history & the cache, It fix the problem for me ;) :D

:D :D :D Yeah, thanks Maj, that worked ;)

bitingmidge
8th November 2005, 11:06 PM
I just think it's a concerted attempt to drive out superior operating systems.

(Can't remember the sad smiley)

Worked this arvo, but there's been some pretty ugly stuff going on tonight! (No I don't mean talk of Real Estate Agents!)

cheers,

P

RETIRED
8th November 2005, 11:09 PM
I just think it's a concerted attempt to drive out superior operating systems.

(Can't remember the sad smiley)

Worked this arvo, but there's been some pretty ugly stuff going on tonight! (No I don't mean talk of Real Estate Agents!)

cheers,

P
Just checking that mine works ok.:confused: :o :eek: :( :mad: :) :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;) :D .

Matrix have you ticked the "remember me" box at log in?

RETIRED
8th November 2005, 11:10 PM
Seems ok.

RETIRED
8th November 2005, 11:12 PM
Seems ok.
So does quick reply.

Harry72
9th November 2005, 12:46 AM
:confused::o:eek::(:mad::):rolleyes::cool::p;):D
Yup working for me.

Whats this about a spell checker?

Schtoo
9th November 2005, 02:35 AM
Sir. Panic, you are a genius. :D

Clear the cache and history and it now works fine.

Thanks!

Now where did I go and who am I?:confused:

bitingmidge
9th November 2005, 08:26 AM
My smilies are back tooo!! :confused: :o :eek: :) :p :D :cool: :mad: :( :rolleyes: ;)

I don't envy the poor buggers playing with all this software while I was nigh-nighs!

Other bits missing last night included "quotes" misquoting (See Rant about Real Estate thread), and the google ads in the header are still a different colour to the body when viewed in "vBulletin3" Style.

Cheers,

P:)

DPB
9th November 2005, 09:11 AM
Love the upgrade. Do you think it's too much to expect no more spelling errors?:D

steven
9th November 2005, 09:18 AM
re: Smiles, quick reply and a few other thing that rely on javascript.

Yesterday at our office we found our ISP was caching javascript files from the prevoius version. What this means is when you try to load a page you end up requesting a javascript file that was meant for the old version instead of the updated version.

Today I have to access the site using http://woodworkforums.com (note: no www.) (http://www.)) because http://www.woodworkforums.com and the ubeaut subdomains are still giving me the annoying caching problem. Its worth trying to access the site on a different domain if you still cant insert smiles or use the quick reply or advanced reply editor. The different domain will require u to re-login!

http://woodworkforums.com
http://www.woodworkforums.com
http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au
http://woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au

cheers

Gumby
9th November 2005, 09:19 AM
Love the upgrade. Do you think it's too much to expect no more spelling errors?:D

did sumbody say spel checka ?:confused:

steven
9th November 2005, 09:34 AM

it is pretty neat, things like the quick reply and post editor are a lot faster now :cool: You might have noticed they work without doing a complete page re-load. It uses a technology called AJAX.

For those who aren't in the know, AJAX stands for Asynchronous JavaScript and XML, which refers to a feature of current web browsers that allows a site to send requests to the server, and in response, receive XML data that it can then use to update the displayed page without requiring a complete re-load.

You'll start to see it used more on webmail sites like yahoo, hotmail and gmail is it isnt already rolled out yet? It might also make more web applications viable if it lives upto its hype.

cheers

bitingmidge
9th November 2005, 09:46 AM
So where is this spell checker then?

Most things seem to be a lot faster, but giving reputation does load a whole new page, rather than the pop-up... don't like that as much.

If you want to try, just click the little cloudy thing at the bottom left of this post!

P (Doing a Gumby)
:D

Gumby
9th November 2005, 01:33 PM
P (Doing a Gumby)

You wish :D :D :D :D

Problem is, when you trawl for rep points, you also cop a red from you-know-who. Ends up being a negative exercise (where's the smilies gone when I edit a post ?? no smilie bar on the side?)

bitingmidge
9th November 2005, 02:11 PM
Where's the smiley???
Forget that, Where's the spell check??
:D :D :D

Hey cool! We can now upload photoshop and zip files if they are less than 100k, and also direct from URL's!!

P

bitingmidge
9th November 2005, 02:21 PM
You wish :D :D :D :D

Problem is, when you trawl for rep points, you also cop a red from you-know-who. Ends up being a negative exercise (where's the smilies gone when I edit a post ?? no smilie bar on the side?)
The whole font colour size thing works much more nicely too, which is a pity given the propensity of some to do really really nasty things with it!

To get the smiley icons, you have to "go advanced" from the "quick reply" menu.

I suspect to get my posts spell checked, I'm going to have to call my Mum.

Cheers,

P

zenwood
9th November 2005, 02:53 PM
The whole font colour size thing ...
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

http://bancomicsans.com/home.html
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Gumby
9th November 2005, 03:00 PM
To get the smiley icons, you have to "go advanced" from the "quick reply" menu.

Not really a quick reply then is it. Sort of a two stage medium fast reply. :rolleyes:

I never use it myself. Just reply or qoute buttons as needed.

RETIRED
9th November 2005, 05:08 PM
Not really a quick reply then is it. Sort of a two stage medium fast reply. :rolleyes:

I never use it myself. Just reply or qoute buttons as needed.:D

Gumby
9th November 2005, 05:34 PM

Just checking the spell checker......:o
(well, that's my excuse anyway):rolleyes:

Gumby
9th November 2005, 05:48 PM
Where's the smiley???
Forget that, Where's the spell check??

Hey cool! We can now upload photoshop and zip files if they are less than 100k, and also direct from URL's!!

P

just improving your artwork :D :D

and checking out the new upload system