PDA

View Full Version : pen blanks

hellscott
9th November 2005, 12:53 PM
Hi fellow pen creators i have not much luck finding acrylic , polygem , crushed velvet and alike pen blanks here in Aussie i would appreciate as many suppliers names and contact details as possible.

regards scooter

P.S. oh yeah and if anyone could help with the receipe and supplies needed to make the above would be great.

KevM
9th November 2005, 01:26 PM
Hi fellow pen creators i have not much luck finding acrylic , polygem , crushed velvet and alike pen blanks here in Aussie i would appreciate as many suppliers names and contact details as possible.

Jim Carroll http://au.store.yahoo.com/cws-store/penparts.html has pen blanks in acrylic & Opalac. I was speaking to him at the Hobart WWWS the weekend before last and he advised that he had found a new supplier of crushed velvet and would be carrying stocks soon.

Kev M

bdar
9th November 2005, 10:20 PM
Hi Scooter,

For a how to on casting resin go to www.penturners.org (http://www.penturners.org) go to home page and have a look at the pdf files that the have on casting resin and embedding in resin that should give you a start. Carb-a-tec in Brisbane has good range of resin blanks as to does Gary Pye on the Gold Coast.

Cheers

Darren :)

bdar
9th November 2005, 10:23 PM
Scooter,

Forgot to say I get my casting resin from Bunnings as that was the first place I looked other large hardware stores should have it, maybe even art supply places.

Cheers

Darren :)

hellscott
10th November 2005, 10:49 AM
HI
thanks for the repies so far i really apprciate the help i find turning pens since my accident is the best way for me to still do the hobbie that i love any more suggestions would be great

regards Scooter

rodent
11th November 2005, 02:00 AM
jim carrol also posts you your supplies asp so you dont have too wait long

darley
15th November 2005, 09:24 PM

regards scooter

P.S. oh yeah and if anyone could help with the receipe and supplies needed to make the above would be great.

learn casting PR

Old Croc
16th November 2005, 07:03 PM
Scooter if you go down to the TAWA clubhouse on Thursday mornings there are a lot of pen turners and one guy who casts his own and he will show you how.
Regards
croc