PDA

View Full Version : New guy from North Brisbane

ChunkyMunky
6th May 2020, 04:08 PM
G'day all. decided to join the forum as a lot of different threads/chats keep on bringing it up.

Newbie here, with no tools aside from a cordless drill and a handsaw. but currently reading up on what can be had for a limited budget.

Main reason i'm here is 'cos i'm looking to build a power/squat rack like these fellas - Buff Dudes DIY Power Rack (https://www.buffdudes.us/blogs/news/47856513-buff-dudes-diy-power-rack)

But with the prospect of buying tools, and having to justify the spend to the boss, it's also got me looking at other projects around the house.

Looking to learn lots while here.

crowie
6th May 2020, 11:31 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Chunky"...
There are quite a stack members around Brisbane and cross South East Queensland plus the rest of the country.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork......
Cheers crowie

PS - Good Wood Guild in Redcliffe down near the show ground...
Watch for garage sales, deceased estates, clearance sales and the like for older good tools to start your collection...

old1955
7th May 2020, 04:08 PM
Welcome to the forum.

KeithP
7th May 2020, 09:25 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Regards
Keith