PDA

View Full Version : Bearings

smidsy
9th November 2005, 09:21 PM
Hie Guys,

I've got a Torquata router bit which is good enough for the melamine I'm cutting but the bearing lasted about 20 minutes.

Assuming I'm not doing something wrong, anyone know of a good source for decent quality bearings in WA.
Cheers
Paul

Harry72
9th November 2005, 10:10 PM
Take it back to Timbecon.

scooter
10th November 2005, 12:13 AM
Paul, tried soaking the bearing in some solvent for a while, then oiling it? May be able to resurrect it.

McJing (mcjing.com.au) have some bearings for router bits.

Cheers................Sean, getting my bearings :)

smidsy
10th November 2005, 01:11 AM
Hei Sean,
This bearing was toast - at one point it was glowing red and finally broke up.
Fortunately I was able to swipe a bearing off another bit to keep working.
My router is a Makita 3612 which I guess was a bit too much for the cheap bearing.

Cheers
Paul

Ashore
10th November 2005, 01:26 AM
Check the router RPM and get suitable Bearings not cheep #####, You should be able to pick up high speed bearings from skf or your local bearing outlet
When you do try to get sealed bearings , they last longer in the dust filled shed

Rgds

Ashore

Tankstand
10th November 2005, 06:56 AM
When you do, try to get sealed bearings , they last longer in the dust filled shed

Ah grasshopper,

Sadly, sealed bearings have a lower RPM rating than shielded!

Ashore
10th November 2005, 03:16 PM
Ah grasshopper,

Sadly, sealed bearings have a lower RPM rating than shielded!

You are of course correct , but if you can get sealed bearings that are rated for the speed, tis better than shielded or open bearings.:cool:

Rgds

Ashore

Sprog
10th November 2005, 07:18 PM
Hie Guys,

Assuming I'm not doing something wrong, anyone know of a good source for decent quality bearings in WA.
Cheers
Paul

CBC

Consolidated Bearing Co (http://www.yellowpages.com.au/search/postLocationSearch.do?locationText=Greater%20Perth%20WA&stateId=3&locationArea=m&bookId=53&serviceArea=true&region=australia&pageNumber=1&businessName=Consolidated+Bearing+Co+&rankWithTolls=true&locationClue=perth)

ozwinner
10th November 2005, 07:24 PM
I lost my bearings long ago. :rolleyes:

Al :p

Ivan in Oz
10th November 2005, 07:43 PM
G'Day Ppl,

Try:-
http://www.minibearings.com.au/
Then "Products and Shop"

Hurrah!!
Something different in Brisvagas:eek: :)

E. maculata
10th November 2005, 09:46 PM
Where Ivan said, I've previously raved about these guys prices & service, less than 24 hrs to my door from hitting enter button:D . for the same bearings I believe you may be chasing;) .