PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Sydney

Fairmile
16th May 2020, 07:15 PM
G'day all, finally getting around to saying hello.
Working off a pair of saw horses and trying to work up some basic skills, acquiring some tools and dreaming of a bench build.
On board to learn everything really!
Thanks,
Sandy

KeithP
16th May 2020, 09:58 PM
Welcome to the forum Sandy.

Regards
Keith

JJF
17th May 2020, 06:19 AM
welcome aboard

crowie
17th May 2020, 11:19 AM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Sandy".
There are quite a stack members cross the Australia and the world.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum......
Enjoy your woodwork......
Cheers crowie

PS - A starter bench can be made from an old solid core door on a sturdy 4x2 frame!

Treecycle
17th May 2020, 11:50 AM
Welcome Sandy. A basic bench is all that is needed to make life a bit easier, and then look at building a more sophisticated one down the track once you have got some of your wish list completed.
Woodworking is a great pastime and I can't get enough of it after all these years. Always wanting to learn more skills and do a better job.

old1955
17th May 2020, 05:59 PM
Welcome to the forum Sandy.

Fairmile
18th May 2020, 10:39 AM
Thanks all for the kind words.
By way of an update I've 'acquired' some F17 Vic Ash, as well as some hardwood fence posts. I'm in the very lucky position of having a fanatic woodworker in the family so it's off to his place to surface and size. The idea (pipe-dream/wishful piece of thinking) is to build the Schleining Essential workbbench from Fine Woodworking. I'll make sure to add a thread in the workbench section with plenty of photos.