PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE:QLD Turning timber - hairy oak, gidgee, camphor lots more

Flindersia
17th May 2020, 07:55 PM
Selling a collection of turning timber in log form and all dry. There are some very large hairy oak billets, camphor, Huon, gidgee, budgeroo, red cedar, spalted brown beech etc. All priced to sell, larger Hairy ak $25 and others $10 - $15 a piece. Pickup in Hendra.

Redbeard
17th May 2020, 08:52 PM
Hey, would it be possible to come and have a look at what you have one evening during the week?

Thanks
Redbeard

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Pat
17th May 2020, 08:54 PM
Thankfully this is in the wrong state and non essential travel is still verboten!

doug3030
17th May 2020, 11:54 PM
... non essential travel is still verboten!

Surely collecting timber is essential travel. :rolleyes:

DerekC
18th May 2020, 06:50 AM
Interested in the Gidgee and possibly the beech. Will send you a PM. Cheers, Derek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mobyturns
18th May 2020, 10:17 AM
Selling a collection of turning timber in log form and all dry. There are some very large hairy oak billets, camphor, Huon, gidgee, budgeroo, red cedar, spalted brown beech etc. All priced to sell, larger Hairy ak $25 and others $10 - $15 a piece. Pickup in Hendra.

I will take the spalted brown beech and the red cedar please. IF postage to Townsville is practical and OK with you Troy. It should be light so practical unlike sending logs / billets. Shame Maleny was cancelled this year, was hoping to catch up again.

Alkahestic
18th May 2020, 02:01 PM
I'll take one each of gidgee, mulga, budgeroo, hairy oak, and huon if they are available.

Billyboydes
19th May 2020, 01:36 PM
Hi Troy,
I hope you are well. I will take any Budgeroo left please. I love it!
Bill

doragus
21st May 2020, 12:16 PM
Hi Troy
Do you still have any Hairy Oak, Gidgee and Budgeroo? If so, how big are the pieces and how heavy? I'll need to get a mate to collect them?
Thanks
Chris

Flindersia
21st May 2020, 10:14 PM
Sorry for the absence here.
I have some lovely pieces of hairy oak left in addition to a mixed bag of camphor, Huon and cedar. All the budgeroo and mulga is gone. Please let me know what is of interest.

doragus
21st May 2020, 10:51 PM
I'm interested in some Hairy Oak and maybe some Huon. Can you tell me how big the pieces are, how heavy and how much you want for them. Maybe you could PM me and give me a few pictures of the pieces available.
Thanks
Chris

Flindersia
22nd May 2020, 07:21 AM
The hairy oak are large sections. I’m not sure how well you know the tree but it doesn’t grow with a traditional straight round bole. It’s quite deformed and often tri lobed in form. The pieces I have here are very large for hairy oak and would be 800-900 long, 300-400 wide and 200-300 high. I’d suggest the weight would be 25-35kg but this is a guess. There is very little end grain cracking in these pieces which is very rare for this species. When I bought them I had to reject 20 billets to get 1 with no cracking. They are also fully dried. The hairy oak is $25 a piece and each billet will yield a lot of bowl blanks or turning squares. This is very cheap for this species.

As for the Huon, they are mainly craft pieces and 1 or 2 pieces of root burl. These would only be a couple of kg in weight. $10 a piece.

Gary H
22nd May 2020, 09:28 AM
I'll take one piece of Hairy Oak, please. I don't have a passport to enter your country, but have a relative who could pick it up next week if that's ok

Cheers, Gary

doug3030
22nd May 2020, 10:41 AM
The hairy oak is $25 a piece and each billet will yield a lot of bowl blanks or turning squares. This is very cheap for this species.

That sounds like an amazing deal but my timber racks are full. :~ :roll:

doragus
22nd May 2020, 10:58 AM
Thanks Troy
I'll contact my mate about picking up from you. If it is OK for him to collect I will take two of the Hairy Oak and two of the Huon pieces. I'll PM you when I have spoken to him.
Chris

doragus
22nd May 2020, 12:38 PM
My friend can pick up so I'll take two Hairy Oak and two Huon. I'll PM you for details.
Chris

doragus
22nd May 2020, 01:12 PM
PM sent. Let me know if you don't get it.
Chris

Flindersia
22nd May 2020, 02:51 PM
Ok. I’ll put aside 1 HO for Gary H and 2 for you doragus + the Huon. I think that has me cleared out of hairy oak, budgeroo and gidgee. Plenty of camphor left + a few other odds and sods. I’d be very happy to do a very cheap price on that if someone can take what’s left.

Gary H
22nd May 2020, 03:20 PM
Thanks for that. PM on the way.

Henrioliver
22nd May 2020, 11:29 PM
Ok. I’ll put aside 1 HO for Gary H and 2 for you doragus + the Huon. I think that has me cleared out of hairy oak, budgeroo and gidgee. Plenty of camphor left + a few other odds and sods. I’d be very happy to do a very cheap price on that if someone can take what’s left.

Any Mulga left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luketh
25th May 2020, 12:20 AM
Hi there
Do you have any hairy oak left?
I'm making a chair out of some I had and I don't have enough :( I hope I can get some from you.
I am in Brisbane and can come and pick it up.

I may also be interested in others since I tend to make impulse purchases when in front of nice timber.

Cheers,

Luke

Flindersia
29th May 2020, 10:09 AM
PM sent Luketh.