PDA

View Full Version : SWMBO's latest effort

BobL
20th May 2020, 10:13 AM
Normally I wouldn't be caught dead in this forum but SWMBO just finished her latest quilt and it's a real beauty. I also happened to have a small input into some colour and design aspects I thought I would post it here. It's from a commercial pattern but I think the final choice of colours and patterns is even better that the original design.

It's her first sewing effort after suffering from some two months of vertigo so she's pleased she has been able to get back to her sewing.

Handyjack
20th May 2020, 08:59 PM
Very nice colors and a very bright design. More so with what you and all of us are going through at the moment.

Hopes it brighten ups many lives.

BobL
20th May 2020, 09:38 PM
Very nice colors and a very bright design. More so with what you and all of us are going through at the moment.

Hopes it brighten ups many lives.

Thanks - I forgot to say that all the fabrics came from SWMBO's stash, but she had to buy the stuff in between the two outer layers. Usually she makes this out of an old woollen blanket but this can makes the quilt quite heavy and while this is suitable for a bed the recipient wanted this quit to be light and portable so it had to be made with one of those lighter synthetic materials.

Keith_1
11th August 2020, 03:00 PM
What a great quilt.

Congratulations to SWMBO on this beauty

Regards From

Cathie and Keith

Bobs_Your_Uncle
11th August 2020, 08:16 PM
SWMBO Stunning! Wish I could have sent you my silk worm castings duvet from Shanghai..

BobL
14th March 2021, 12:33 PM
Here's another one from SWMBO, all made while suffering from vertigo, she could sometimes only do 20 minutes a day on it so it has taken her months.

This one is for some Aussie/Taiwanese friends.
The animals are a mix of chinese zodiacal symbols and animals and some Aussie ring ins.

491124 491126

China
14th March 2021, 02:16 PM
The are well done, my Mum started to make ( by Hand) a quilt 60 years ago the pieces are still in a box somewhere She is 87 now, I don't think it was her thing!, what type of machine doe SWMBO use.

BobL
14th March 2021, 03:27 PM
The are well done, my Mum started to make ( by Hand) a quilt 60 years ago the pieces are still in a box somewhere She is 87 now, I don't think it was her thing!, what type of machine doe SWMBO use.

A 45 year old Bernina. Still works perfectly.
What she does have is a Scan-and-Cut which is like a A3 size CNC for cutting out fabrics. She collects either digital images, or scans then into the computer, resizes them and then uses the Scan-and-Cut to cut the various pieces of fabrics out.