PDA

View Full Version : will it hold

haemish762
11th November 2005, 11:10 AM
Hello again, i have just become the proud owner of a nova2 chuck (birthday presant) now here comes the big one.
I know some use a spigot and hold that in the chuck but can it be used like an expanding chuck and hold internally. Can anyone suggest whhat i could use to drill the whole in the work to hold it. I have a set of 25mm jaws with it and the ones they normally come with (i am not sure what size they are, can anyone tell me pleaase)

Any how what size hole would i need to drill for the 25mm and the standard jaws. I know it sounds like a silly question but the jaws do expand beyond 25mm. Is there a spade bitr that will do the job or should i invest in a forstner bit.

Cheers haemish

Toasty
11th November 2005, 11:54 AM
I use a 26mm forstner bit (bout $15 I think...)

BTW there are two 25mm jaws you can get for the SN2. There is the standard 25mm jaws and the pin jaw set (also 25mm). The standard jaws I would think DON'T have enough depth to grip internally as you are hoping, it is more the pin jaws you do this with.

The standard jaws that came with the chuck should be 50mm.

Sprog
11th November 2005, 01:48 PM
For maximum holding power, you need to create a dovetail recess for the 25mm and 50mm jaws.

See page 10 of your chuck manual and page 14 of your accessories jaws manual.

Manuals are available here
http://www.teknatool.com/support/Product%20Manuals.htm

Have you read the manual and specifically the safety rules for your new chuck?