PDA

View Full Version : Australian Magnetic Scale DRO Sources

Chris Parks
30th May 2020, 06:02 PM
Does anyone know of a supplier in Oz? I want a 700mm scale and the Chinese sources are getting fewer with very long deleivery times from what I can see.

Bernmc
30th May 2020, 06:47 PM
If iGaging will do, best prices I've found are from TheWoodKid. I was a bit suspect initially because he's so much cheaper than the likes of Timbecon etc, but I've bought from him a few times and had some email to-and-fro, and it's legit. Service is good, postage is prompt.

iGaging EZ-View Plus Digital Readout - The Woodkid (https://thewoodkid.com.au/shop/igaging-digital-readout/)

Chris Parks
30th May 2020, 09:43 PM
That looks good, I am using Igaging DRO's on the router table if it ever gets finished! This is to build an XY table for my drill press so I can drill all the holes for the vertical lift and side boards because I have found measuring and drilling is a pain for all the mounting holes. This way I can draw it in Fusion 360, print the plan and use the DRO instead of manually measuring, hopefully drilling in the right spot etc. The success rate of this method is not exactly high though I have gotten better at it with practise.

Timbecon used to have a full range of Igaging DRO's but not these days. I was surprised at the offerengs on Ebay, it looks like the Chinese suppliers are disappearing at high speed.