PDA

View Full Version : marine plywood

csp
15th November 2005, 01:41 PM
Could anybody give me some contact in the Nth Eastern suburbs of Victoria to buy marine plywood

csp

Lignum
15th November 2005, 08:39 PM
Could anybody give me some contact in the Nth Eastern suburbs of Victoria to buy marine plywood

csp

Nth Eastern suburbs of Victoria ????
Or do you mean Nth Eastern suburbs of Melbourne, if so try

Hallam Allboards PH 9796 3900

Guy
15th November 2005, 10:41 PM
Give Cabinet timbers a call, they are located in Moorabin and Port Melbourne, they had a good selection there. Also Try Plyboard Distributors in Dandenong.
There are 2 grades for sale the UK standard and the Aus standard, the UK ones are inported and are about 30% cheaper

Lignum
16th November 2005, 11:11 AM
Give Cabinet timbers a call, they are located in Moorabin and Port Melbourne, they had a good selection there. Also Try Plyboard Distributors in Dandenong.
There are 2 grades for sale the UK standard and the Aus standard, the UK ones are inported and are about 30% cheaper

I use the Standard British Marine Ply from Hallam allboards for everything in my cabinets thats not solid timber. Its $102 plus GST a 2.4 X 1.2 sheet and its magic. Straight, light and strong and using it in the interior of cabinets or backs it polishes up very nice and "dosnt" look like ply;)

sinjin1111
1st December 2005, 03:14 PM
Are you sure you really need marine grade as opposed to ext grade??

Lignum
2nd December 2005, 05:51 PM
Are you sure you really need marine grade as opposed to ext grade??

I do. Adding that bit extra in quality of materials is important for me. In these days of competing with imports, trying to convince a limited supply of customers to buy furniture from me as apposed to the bigger stores or the furniture maker down the road, i have to convince them that my quality is just that little bit better. In the end of the day the extra cost is passed onto them and in returne they get cabinets with material and construction quality to hopefully last generations.... well thats what i tell them:D :D :D

Auld Bassoon
2nd December 2005, 05:58 PM
Hi Lignum,

I assume that you've tried Brims?

Cheers!

Lignum
2nd December 2005, 07:00 PM
Hi Lignum,

I assume that you've tried Brims?

Cheers!

When i win Lotto i will shop at Brims:D

Daddles
2nd December 2005, 11:50 PM
Here's a thought for you. Home Hardware. They don't stock the stuff, but they will order it in and their prices here in Adelaide are the cheapest around. Because it's ordered in, you usually get a couple of packing sheets as well - the mate who discovered this lurk scored two free sheets of MDF this way.

I've also seen it stocked in a large Bunnings ... and the price wasn't outrageous (but I've only seen it the once).

Cheers
Richard