PDA

View Full Version : Celtic Lace

splinterz25
4th August 2020, 02:08 AM
Hello once again everyone here are some photos of my latest work.

" Celtic Lace"
This Segmented piece was turned on the lathe first then hand carved with 14 flutes and a lace rim she finished at 12" x 4 1/2". Made from Walnut and Maple, the Gold & Copper metallic coloring on the rim is a product called Rub&Buff; the lines in the rim are colored with DecoArt Dazzling Metallics and the final finish is satin Lacquer.

cava
4th August 2020, 08:28 AM
Fantastic. :2tsup:

How do you do the carving? With a Dremel or chisels?

splinterz25
4th August 2020, 09:21 AM
Fantastic. :2tsup:

How do you do the carving? With a Dremel or chisels?Thank you For the lace rim I used knives, for the fluted sections I used gouges and a Dremel and sandpaper.

brainstrust
7th August 2020, 07:21 PM
no way, that is unbelievable!!!!! you should sit back and relax for the rest of your life, you won't beat that :2tsup::2tsup:

splinterz25
11th August 2020, 05:49 AM
no way, that is unbelievable!!!!! you should sit back and relax for the rest of your life, you won't beat that :2tsup::2tsup:
Thank you Brainstrust...already planning the next one in my head. If anyone is interested I did a build log on this piece with videos of me carving look here.
"CELTIC LACE" (https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthread.php?tid=7354797)

Bruce

brainstrust
14th August 2020, 08:03 PM
Gees great log and some interesting videos in there too. After seeing your FB I'm a tad overwhelmed, this is amazing work. I'd luv to be that good at anything!!!!!!

splinterz25
15th August 2020, 12:36 AM
Gees great log and some interesting videos in there too. After seeing your FB I'm a tad overwhelmed, this is amazing work. I'd luv to be that good at anything!!!!!!Thank you very much, I'm not very good at the video making I still need a lot of work in that department but it lets folks see how I do the details. when you say FB FaceBook did you see my page or on other sites? Here's my page this shows all my work paintings and woodwork.

Serenity Artisans - Home | Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/serenityartisans)

Bruce

IceManDude
8th September 2020, 09:10 AM
looks great, love it!!