PDA

View Full Version : What fraction of your time do you spend on Shed related stuff?

MWF FEED
22nd August 2020, 11:00 AM
By this I mean, cleaning, sort, repairing, building, and maintaining stuff in/for your shed.
This includes making any gismos, jigs, etc.

These days I seem to find myself doing more and more of this leaving less time for projects.
Some of this is finally getting around to having the "BIG sort out and clean up" although just looking at the shed it looks like nothing has been touched.

Apart from the BIG clean up and sort out, my list over the last week includes
- fitting a diamond wheel to the side of a CBN grinding wheel on one of my grinders
- replacing the mains switch and rebuilding the fence adjuster on my TS.
- adapting a lathe steady that had been laying around for years to fit my lathe.
- repairing a couple of old hand planes.
- finally (13 years later) dragging out FILs (I think it was actually his father's) oregon tool chest from under bench, cleaning it up and fitting handles.
- replacing a dodgy pot on a VFD remote.

I don't mind doing these jobs but meanwhile the projects in my head and especially those for SWMBO are really starting to back up.

A friend of mine once told me this is an easy problem to fix, just chuck away most of your shed stuff. :D

Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com... (https://metalworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=205517&goto=newpost)