View Full Version : HELP Help - looking for chair wood connector

2nd Sep 2020, 04:48 PM
We've got a Joe Rufenacht wood/leather swivel chair and have broken the connector that retains the arm to the frame.

Have broken the male part of the connector. The recessed female part is 25mm across.

Has anyone any idea who makes these and where I can get one? Tried to contact the chair manufacturer but no longer in business.

Regards Peter

2nd Sep 2020, 09:18 PM
Looks like the connector is blum
. Is that a part number above it?

Look for a Blum catalogue on line somewhere. Of course it could be an obsolete part anyway. How old is it?

Blum catalogue and technical manual 2018/2019 (https://publications.blum.com/2018/catalogue/en/592/)

2nd Sep 2020, 09:21 PM
Has anyone any idea who makes these and where I can get one?
There's a brand name on the female part of the connector, it's a bit hard to see in the pic but it looks like Blum...which might be a problem because they only make hinges and drawer runners now :/

Hafele has something that looks very similar but you will almost definitely have to replace the male part as well Connector housing, Tofix, for drill hole diameter 5 mm - in the Hafele Australia Shop (https://www.hafele.com.au/en/product/connector-housing-tofix-for-drill-hole-diameter-5-mm/0000001f0002303e00020023/)
It's not clear what male part goes with it, or if it comes as a kit with both parts, so probably best to contact Hafele to clarify

EDIT: Here you go, looks like it's the bottom right Blum Catalogue and technical manual 2020/2021 (https://publications.blum.com/2020/catalogue/en/558/)
EDIT 2: Local source here: Cabinet Hardware Catalogue | Lincoln Sentry (https://www.lincolnsentry.com.au/catalogues-tools/cabinet-hardware-catalogue) Page S.20 at the bottom, product code 1-408-4008