PDA

View Full Version : Guitar parts again

JupiterCreek
17th November 2005, 07:16 PM
Hi all

I was looking to update a thread I posted to a while ago about guitar parts, but I can't find it, so forgive me if this is out of context....

Someone was asking about sources for guitar parts in Australia, and I suggested a few places, amongst them Stairway to Kevin, an online guitar shop (that's parts of the bricks and mortar shop of the same name). Kevin has spent some time getting a whole swag of guitar parts onto his website, and he was a bit miffed when I suggested using his website for part numbers and then ordering from your local supplier. The web is a great source for public domain info isn't it? Anyway... being a good bloke like all musos and associated music businesspeople Kevin has asked me to let everyone know that he's happy to give a 10% discount to forum members. Just go to the website or shop, introduce yourself as coming from the Woodwork Forum and he'll look after you for parts, advice, and some discount! All good!

If this contravenes forum guidelines my apologies. I'm in no way associated with Kevin or his business, but he did email me and make his offer, so I thought I'd let everyone know!

Harry72
17th November 2005, 08:59 PM
Thats excellent news Rob good work, have mad guitar nut(or should that be machine head) friend who is also a Kevin!

http://www.stairwaytokevin.com.au/

Sir Stinkalot
17th November 2005, 09:51 PM
I would by my guitar parts off kevin just for the name ....

"Stairway to Kevin" is a classic .... almost as good as some of the Thai takeawat names.

Paul B
17th November 2005, 10:32 PM
Bloody hell, wouldn't you know it. I just spent $80 bucks there two weeks ago. Would have spent more if I'd had a discount.

reeves
18th November 2005, 08:19 AM
looks like general music stuff, i didnt see many guitar parts unless i missed something..

cheers

JupiterCreek
25th November 2005, 08:04 PM
Hi Reeves

The 4th item is GUITAR ACCESSORIES AND PARTS. That'll get you there!

I just noticed the banjo avatar.... FOLK INSTRUMENTS AND SONGBOOKS will lead you to banjos and accessories. There's also a pretty good search function that I've found helpful.

Rob

old_picker
26th November 2005, 11:18 AM
Kevin has pretty much the whole of the AMS guitar accessories catalogue on his site and everything is listed at their RRP.

By the way while we are on it AMS/Kevin dont list binding. I bought some from Gilet in Sydney for 6.00 each. A real rip for a 5' x1/4" x.020" plastic strip. Any one know where else to get it?

JupiterCreek
26th November 2005, 01:23 PM
Lamberti's list binding, so most guitar/music shops would be able to order it in.