PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else hate "Murphy" and his stupid law!!!!!

Rowan
18th November 2005, 08:10 AM
Why does it seem that Murphy's law (anything that can go wrong will...) apply's more in the shed than anywhere else?????:rolleyes:

Out in the shed yesterday finishing off a small platter for my sister. Needed to make up a jig and had to cut a circular piece of mdf so onto the lathe to simply use the paring tool to do it.

When I set up the lathe bench I tried to think it thru, and figured if anything ever "flew" of the lathe it would go right with the dierction it turns so I located my flouro light high and left of the lathe. can we all see whats coming yet?????

Thats right .............. Paring off the mdf I slowed the lathe right down but still managed to have a small section fly off and ting there goes the flouro tube into hundreds of small pieces!!!!

stupid Murphy:D :D :D

normell
18th November 2005, 08:16 AM
Normell law, is that Murphy was an OPTIMIST

Normell

echnidna
18th November 2005, 09:43 AM
"Why does it seem that Murphy's law (anything that can go wrong will...) apply's more in the shed than anywhere else?????"

Geesh,
I thought it only happened to me so much that Murphy musta bin an ancestor of mine.
If it also happens to you a lot, he musta bin your ancestor too.:eek: :eek:

HOWDY COUSIN
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Greg Q
18th November 2005, 10:05 AM
In the vicinity of my tool cupboard I have one 4" patch of bare concrete floor
that is not covered in foam matting. Guess where the fine old Stanley cast iron marking gauge landed yesterday?:(

Termite
18th November 2005, 10:44 AM
If it also happens to you a lot, he musta bin your ancestor too.:eek: :eek:

HOWDY COUSIN
:D :D :D :D :D :D
I have a terrible feeling that we are all related......so that's why I keep hearing banjo music.:D

AlexS
18th November 2005, 10:58 AM
Maybe we have a diamond shaped family tree?:rolleyes:

doug the slug
20th November 2005, 04:49 PM
AlexS, i detect a connection between your post and your signature that if i elaborate may see this thread transferred to the orange roomhttp://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gif