PDA

View Full Version : Marketing explained

doug3030
12th September 2020, 04:20 PM
People often ask for a simple explanation of "Marketing".
Well, here it is.

You're a woman and you see a handsome guy at a party. You go up to him and say, "I'm fantastic in bed."
That's Direct Marketing.

You're at a party with a bunch of friends and see a handsome guy. One of your friends goes up to him and, pointing at you, says, "She's fantastic in bed."
That's Advertising.

You see a handsome guy at a party. You go up to him and get his telephone number. The next day you call and say, "Hi, I'm fantastic in bed."
That's Telemarketing.

You see a guy at a party; you straighten your dress. You walk up to him and pour him a drink. You say, "May I?" and reach up to straighten his tie, brushing your breast against his arm, and then say, "By the way, I'm fantastic in bed."
That's Public Relations.

You're at a party and see a handsome guy. He walks up to you and says, "I hear you're fantastic in bed."
That's Brand Recognition.

You're at a party and see a handsome guy. He fancies you, but you talk him into going home with your friend.
That's a Sales Rep.

Your friend can't satisfy him so she calls you.
That's Tech Support.

You're on your way to a party when you realize that there could be handsome men in all these houses you're passing, so you climb onto the roof of one situated towards the center and shout at the top of your lungs, "I'm fantastic in bed!"
That's Facebook.

You're at a party. This guy looks okay at first, and he makes passes at you until you decide you like him and and then he just bends you over the nearest planter and has his way with you and laughs at you and then wanders off and bends over the next person.
That's politics.

RossM
12th September 2020, 04:41 PM
Reminds me of the differences between salesmen, engineers & marketers:

An Engineer starts their career knowing a great deal about very little, and who goes along knowing more and more about less and less until finally, he knows practically everything about nothing.

A Marketer, on the other hand, starts their career knowing a very little about a great deal and keeps knowing less and less about more and more, until he knows practically nothing about anything.

A Salesman starts their work life knowing a little bit about most things, but ends by knowing nothing about anything, due to being advised by Marketers and Engineers.

Chief Tiff
12th September 2020, 04:48 PM
.. and that reminds me of the difference between university graduates...

A graduate with an Engineering degree asks; "How does it work?"
A graduate with Physics degree asks: "Why does it work?"
A graduate with an Accountancy degree asks: "How much does it cost to make it work?"
A graduate with an Arts degree asks: "Would you like fries with that?"

doug3030
12th September 2020, 05:45 PM
A graduate with an Arts degree asks: "Would you like fries with that?"

Chief Tiff, it's just as well I have a BSc as well as my BA or I might take exception to that. :rolleyes:

KBs PensNmore
12th September 2020, 08:37 PM
I'm a BA too, Bull**** Artist that is:D

A Duke
12th September 2020, 10:17 PM
Hi,
We all know what BS stands for
and MS is more of the same
and PHD is just piled higher and deeper.

Regards

markkr
13th September 2020, 09:51 AM
and MD is much deeper

KBs PensNmore
13th September 2020, 05:18 PM
Does anyone know how to tell the difference between Bull***t and Cow***t???
Throw a shovel full into the air, if it comes down that'll be the cow***t,
and if it stays up there that's bull***t:D
Kryn