PDA

View Full Version : Toothpick holder for an old salt

Fumbler
19th September 2020, 11:52 AM
It’s not quite the medal box I promised his wife, but in the meantime whilst I wait for the weather to warm up to put a finish on the box, I thought I would turn this little beaut. Not quite .50 Cal but up there.

jarrah and Huon Pine. Finished to 240 then eee and 2 coats of Shellawax Glow, a quick hours turning after work this morning and before the kids soccer starts.

481295 481296 481297
481298 481299

Chief Tiff
19th September 2020, 12:02 PM
Noice!

In the evenings at sea I used to make bottle openers out of .50cal brass, uckers bits from 20mm Phalanx rounds and either ashtrays or wine coolers from 5" propellant casings. Never thought about a toothpick holder though; that's clever!

Fumbler
19th September 2020, 01:33 PM
Thanks Chief, I saw one about 3 years ago and it only held a couple of picks which would be pointless, so a bigger casing was called for. He’ll probably put it in the pool room as opposed to use it. And as his son did a few tours wearing the green, I’m sure he’ll be ordering more.

Willy Nelson
24th September 2020, 09:37 PM
Noice!

In the evenings at sea I used to make bottle openers out of .50cal brass, uckers bits from 20mm Phalanx rounds and either ashtrays or wine coolers from 5" propellant casings. Never thought about a toothpick holder though; that's clever!

Typical!!!!

Whilst I was at sea of an evening, I worked!!!!!!!
I worked at emptying those Uckers bits, and ashtrays
Ha Ha
Willy
Hard working, Gunbuster