PDA

View Full Version : Seen in Trading Post

Exador
19th November 2005, 06:40 AM
For you incra enthusiasts. No idea if it's still available.

Incra Jig ultra (javascript: SubmitPhoto('4383366', '0');) 2inch, jig system for precise wood working, plus manual, hardly used, must sell, cost $600 sell $300 (0405)156005, SOUTHPORT

Gumby
19th November 2005, 07:25 AM
The link is wrong.

Exador
20th November 2005, 06:33 AM
The link is wrong. That would be because it's a straight cut and paste from the TP and as there's a phone number, I assumed anyone interested would phone the seller. It's not my jig and I don't know the person selling it.

dazzler
20th November 2005, 11:39 AM
Gumby,

Please remember to use your crystal ball next time!:rolleyes:

dazzler

Gumby
20th November 2005, 12:53 PM
Gumby,

Please remember to use your crystal ball next time!:rolleyes:

dazzler

Thanks Daz, I must be dumb (no comments please). I can't see that a link to a pdf file from the University of Idaho with details of java script updates has encrypted in it somewhere, an advertisement from the Trading Post in Australia showing the phone number of somebody wishing to sell an Incra jig.

Then again, I've never been much good at cryptic crosswords either. :rolleyes:

Exador
21st November 2005, 06:13 AM
Thanks Daz, I must be dumb (no comments please). I can't see that a link to a pdf file from the University of Idaho with details of java script updates has encrypted in it somewhere, an advertisement from the Trading Post in Australia showing the phone number of somebody wishing to sell an Incra jig.

Then again, I've never been much good at cryptic crosswords either. :rolleyes:
If you don't want the thing, don't buy it. The link is in the original TP ad and is to a search result on their own site, which is why you and I can't see it. If you get a strange PDF it's because google has found the nearest match in a permanent document somewhere. When I posted it, I didn't even realise the link would remain. Obviously computers aren't your forte. If you're bored, why not go and ruin a piece of wood?

Gumby
21st November 2005, 08:32 AM
When I posted it, I didn't even realise the link would remain. Obviously computers aren't your forte. If you're bored, why not go and ruin a piece of wood?

If you don't know how to post a link. Don't post one. Sheesh !:mad:

anthonyd
21st November 2005, 08:39 AM
now now chaps calm down!

The link was http://javascript<b></b%3E:%20SubmitPhoto('4383366',%20'0');

Now I am sure you will find that the link copied originally was really just "javascript<b></b%3E:%20SubmitPhoto('4383366',%20'0');" that is not really a link but a jave script telling your broswer to perform an action.

The http was probably added by this forum software and should not have been there. Either way the link would not have worked because the java instruction needs you to be on the webpage.

Exador
21st November 2005, 08:39 AM
If you don't know how to post a link. Don't post one. Sheesh !:mad:

Apology accepted :p.

Gumby
21st November 2005, 10:43 AM
:D Fair enuf.