PDA

View Full Version : Clamp Cupboard

node105
27th September 2020, 03:53 PM
Finally got back to finishing doors for two tool cupboards. Had cut the stile and rails a couple of years ago, and then ....

Anyway, got some ply and finally assembled the doors. Had scrounged some heavy duty continuous hinges a few years ago, and used these. Numerous wipe coats of shellac.

Did some revisions to the clamp mounts

node105
27th September 2020, 05:44 PM
Finished up the right hand door today, after some re-arrangements and adding a second spring clamp rail. Tweaked the widths of the bottom row of dog holders and rebated a length of quad to hold them in place. After shellacing the left components yesterday.

The left door has peg mounts for five different types of toggle clamps - DeStaco, AMF, Bessey. With a place for everything, and everything NOT in its place, I realised one of each of 4 types are missing. I remember lending them to someone who had a job to do, and didn't know what would work best, so gave them one of each. Can't now remember who it was, despite being a limited pool of options, the likely suspects all deny culpability.

Handyjack
27th September 2020, 05:52 PM
:2tsup:
I am impressed.
One day, I need to alter the way I store my camps and guide rails. Just need the inspiration and a plan (or two).

node105
27th September 2020, 05:56 PM
:2tsup:
I am impressed.
One day, I need to alter the way I store my camps and guide rails. Just need the inspiration and a plan (or two).

Thanks. Why just limit yourself to two plans? I usually start with plan A, implement wholly or partially, migrate to plan B, implement wholly or partially, and repeat through successive iterations as needs dictate :-