PDA

View Full Version : Perth, Southern Suburbs, bandsaw works

david.elliott
17th October 2020, 11:38 AM
Hi All,
I am assisting a friend with wedding table decorations of log rounds. We have decided that we need to bandsaw the outside 10mm or so off to tidy up the chainsaw marks/splintering...currently they are about 350mm in diameter.
My little bandsaw is not up to the challenge. Hoping some nice individual will assist with access to or will trim the edges for us on a bigger bandsaw.
The rounds are gumtree, (Eastern Bluegum?) dry-ish, around 40mm thick, and there are 12 of them.
The idea is for these to be "rustic" so no great accuracy required, ie: no exact circles etc. Once trimmed we can sand and roundover if needs be.

Hoping some generous person will help.
David

havabeer69
17th October 2020, 12:51 PM
sounds like a cheap jig saw would also do the job?

david.elliott
17th October 2020, 01:30 PM
Hey havabeer, thanks for the reply. Tried both of mine and with new blades, the timber is a bit tough, and I think cutting WITH the grain is not optimal for JS

BobL
17th October 2020, 01:32 PM
Im in South Perth, send me a PM if you cannot find anyone closer..

david.elliott
17th October 2020, 02:06 PM
Hey BobL,
I think you gave me a hand sometime ago, with some taps and dies.. Will keep in touch..The chap the items are for works in Burswood. So we may call on you yet...

BobL
17th October 2020, 02:21 PM
Hey BobL,
I think you gave me a hand sometime ago, with some taps and dies.. Will keep in touch..The chap the items are for works in Burswood. So we may call on you yet...
No worries