PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a jigsaw in Melbourne?

Tete de Bois
20th November 2005, 06:00 PM
Hi Guys,

We finally crossed the big pond and are living in Melbourne. I am trying to buy some tools to restock my workshop. Holy S--t!! it is! expensive!!!!

I need a good jigsaw. Where to buy? A big Bosch would be my choice. Any comments or advice? Can I get better for my money?

Cheers

Gil

Auld Bassoon
20th November 2005, 06:18 PM
Hi Guys,

We finally crossed the big pond and are living in Melbourne. I am trying to buy some tools to restock my workshop. Holy S--t!! it is! expensive!!!!

I need a good jigsaw. Where to buy? A big Bosch would be my choice. Any comments or advice? Can I get better for my money?

Cheers

Gil

G'day Gil - and welcome to the BB (I like the tag M. Woodhead!)

Depending on usage, budget, etc - I'd agree a Bosch would be good - but then so is Makita or if $ no object, and you want the best, the Festool range can be thoroughly recommended.

Have a search through this BB, and I'm sure you'll find lots of answers, many of which will be contradictory:rolleyes:

As to where, if you know what you want you could try Bunnings or Mitre 10, else TotalTools, Just Tools, etc - both have web sites as well.

Google is your friend!

Cheers!

occam
20th November 2005, 09:35 PM
Metabo has their end-of-year clearance sale on tomorrow (Monday):

Date: Monday 21st Nov

Time: 10am - 4pm

Nice tools, though normally a bit expensive..

wayne79
20th November 2005, 11:19 PM
being in east bentleigh Hunitngdale power tools is not far from u and the old guy in the shop is very very helpfull. I sugest a makita the things i look for in a jig saw when buying is variable speed and can you tilt the blade which makes for easy cutting i would not buy a jig saw if i was not able to tilt the blade.

Gra
20th November 2005, 11:45 PM
where in melbourne are you, maybe we can give you a more localised list of places..

Welcome to the bb, and the greatest country on earth