PDA

View Full Version : Electrician needed - Melbourne

pasey25
21st November 2005, 03:22 PM
Hi all. First time poster, long time lurker (boy I've learnt a lot off this forum)

I'm well into my summer projects and have been told by she who must be obeyed that before I go ahead and spend money on the large deck I'm planning that I need to have the air-conditioning taken care of.

Anyway, first step is to get all the electrical stuff organised in time for the a/c. This is a good chance to get the few changes to my wiring done all in one go.

Problem is I don't know any sparkys and I'd like to find/use someone that has been recommended to me.

I'm located in Watsonia (Nothern suburbs of Melb).

Below is a basic scope of work that I have typed out along with a pic of my house plan with references to locations shown in the scope of work:

Scope of work:
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o =""></o>
Weatherboard house with good underframe access
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o =""></o>
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]-->1. Installation of 2 new dedicated 10amp circuits to single points ~4m from fuse box (side by side) in lieu of exiting points on this location on general household circuit. <o =""></o>

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]-->2. Installation of 1 new 15 amp single circuit to single point on external wall 6m from fuse box. (existing point location) <o ="">
</o>
3. Installation of two new power points back to back (one internal wall one external wall) on existing circuit <!--[endif]--><o ="">
</o>
4. New circuit breaker board if required.

Appreciate if any sparkies on this forum would like to contact me regarding or if anyone can direct me to any sparkies that they feel are good and reasonably priced. I can supply materials if needed.

ozwinner
21st November 2005, 04:13 PM
Good luck finding one.:(

I tryed everywhere, even the local rag.
When the guy from the local rag didnt turn up for the 3rd time I looked elsewhere, I even asked guys on site, they werent interested.

I eventualy got a sparkie friend of mine who lives in Narre Warren ( other side of Melb from me ) to do it for me, I didnt want to ask him but I had no choice. ( I didnt want to stretch the friend ship )

Good luck.

Al :)

TJAY
10th July 2007, 11:30 AM
Mmmm thought I'd dig this up...anyone know a decent sparkie? Bayside/inner city Melbourne?

I've got one guy I've known for years who wants to charge me WAY over what he normally does because its not a big job and can't be bothered, I've got another guy who is so good he never, ever answers his phone so I've given up on that one, and now a final guy who is making $$$ of a job at my parent's house can't even call me back when he said he would.

I give up! I'm changing careers and becoming a sparkie!

Learner
12th July 2007, 01:39 PM
Mmmm thought I'd dig this up...anyone know a decent sparkie? Bayside/inner city Melbourne?

I've got one guy I've known for years who wants to charge me WAY over what he normally does because its not a big job and can't be bothered, I've got another guy who is so good he never, ever answers his phone so I've given up on that one, and now a final guy who is making $$$ of a job at my parent's house can't even call me back when he said he would.

I give up! I'm changing careers and becoming a sparkie!

Are you willing to pay around $35-45 an hour. I know a sparkie who did some jobs for me. Nice guy with all the tools. Ask for complaince certificate after job is finished. I will give you his number if you are willing to pay his labour charges.

Be patient he may need a week to come as he always busy. Speak to him nicely and offer him at least a full days work.

TJAY
12th July 2007, 04:47 PM
More than happy to pay a reasonable rate for a good job, not sure how long it all takes, but I'm sure there's a days work. I've got (I think) a bloke coming out Monday for a look, but knowing my luck that won't happen, so any recommendation you have would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Ben

Tools
12th July 2007, 07:54 PM
$35 to $45 an hour is cheap...there wouldn't be many sparkies around at that rate.

Tools

Learner
12th July 2007, 08:08 PM
More than happy to pay a reasonable rate for a good job, not sure how long it all takes, but I'm sure there's a days work. I've got (I think) a bloke coming out Monday for a look, but knowing my luck that won't happen, so any recommendation you have would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Ben

What is your mobile number?. I will send you a text message with his details. He is an experienced electrician so be good to him

wonderplumb
12th July 2007, 08:18 PM
$35 to $45 an hour is cheap...there wouldn't be many sparkies around at that rate.

Tools
'ken oath its cheap. One of my very good mates from high school charges me $40, unless we do a trade of!!!!! Find a sparky for that money keep him.

TJAY
13th July 2007, 11:42 AM
What is your mobile number?. I will send you a text message with his details. He is an experienced electrician so be good to him

Send you a PM, thanks!