PDA

View Full Version : Cobra woodlathe

Rego
21st November 2020, 08:28 PM
Hello I am new and have just bought an old (no idea how old) but superb Cobra lathe. My old one, a Sher, was wonderful and help me over the past few months get comfortable with lathe work. I have never pick up a lathe tool prior to this. Anyway, the Cobra I have has a window on the left-so to change belt speed. There is no other model number, except for a serial number inside the door.

I write as I think it would be helpful to know a little about the lathe, things I should watch for etc. I can find nothing on the web, just a few pictures. I think it might be an export model as I has speeds for Canada/USA and elsewhere, and was made by Woodfast Machinary South Australian.

Pretty thrilled with it, so solid and well engineered. Has not had much wok, but I think that is the case for most hobby wood lathes.

Aby help would be appreciated. Thanks

NeilS
22nd November 2020, 09:31 AM
Hello I am new and have just bought an old (no idea how old) but superb Cobra lathe.

I write as I think it would be helpful to know a little about the lathe, things I should watch for etc.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

New Bearings Woodfast (https://www.woodworkforums.com/f8/bearings-woodfast-11839)