PDA

View Full Version : Formwork

twomonkeys
22nd November 2005, 10:48 AM
OK, I am probably not using the right terms here but just wondering if there is an average sq m cost you can work with... for laying the steel formwork for our extension (excl. materials). We have had a few quotes and they vary considerably. I've had a look at Archicentre and can't see anything specific to this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Cheers

Tools
22nd November 2005, 05:54 PM
What sort of formwork are you referring to??????suspended slab,edge beams,bondeck??????

Tools

twomonkeys
22nd November 2005, 06:04 PM
Hi Tools

Sorry, I guess I'm not good with the terms or explaining myself :confused: . I'm referring to the steel formwork for a concrete slab.

Thanks.

Gaza
22nd November 2005, 06:31 PM
When u say steel do u mean bond deck that gets left in place once the concrete is poured.l also how high is it off the ground, how many m2 what ths go for edge boards, set downs and beams.

twomonkeys
22nd November 2005, 07:25 PM
Hi Gaza

Sorry for the vagueness... I'm told total area 22 sqm, footings are 350 x 350... slab thickners are 330 x 350 and slab thickness is 100.

Many thanks.

Tools
22nd November 2005, 08:56 PM
Are you talking about the reinforcement? If you are referring to forming up the perimeter of the slab and rebate ,the concreter will do it in a couple of hours,and the cost is minimal.

twomonkeys
23rd November 2005, 10:00 AM
Yes, I am referring to the steel mesh reinforcement :( .
I've just been given an all inclusive quote (with concrete) of $150 sq m which I think sounds about right.