PDA

View Full Version : Air Compressor Recommendation

MWF FEED
16th December 2020, 09:20 PM
I currently have a 2nd hand ProAir compressor that uses a Swan SVU-202 head. The plate states it has a bore of 65mm and stroke of 51mm providing 15.54cfm or 440lpm. Looking at brochures for this Swan unit it appears that the free-air (actual output) is nearer to 8cfm or 225lpm.

I have started using an el-cheapo mist cooler when cutting and the existing compressor seems to work at around a 50% duty cycle. It comes on every 30 odd seconds for around 30 odd seconds. This i fund noisey and annoying.

I am thinking of getting a newer compressor that will not run for a long or with a much noise. In the sub $2000 area what are you using/ your recommendations?? I would prefer an upright unit, around 150 to 200L tank and maybe around 400lpm free air (just guessing at what would be required for it to run less).

I would buy second hand again and also do not feel I need brand names. My compressor isn't used all day every day by a long shot.

Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com... (https://metalworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=206038&goto=newpost)