PDA

View Full Version : Economical Milling

MWF FEED
27th December 2020, 01:10 PM
Hello all

I recently purchased another product from a company called Eccentric Engineering. I am a happy customer as his products work as advertised. They are also economical to use in my opinion as they are easy to sharpen, and you get a lot of use out of each cutting tool. These tools have opened my eyes to economical home machining. I can see they would not be practical in a production shop, but my labour rate is virtually nill compared to a business.

I have also recently purchased a mill (HM46 look alike).
I am after some advice on economical tooling. Is there easy to sharpen tooling that I can use instead of hard to sharpen mill bits?
What is the most economical way for end mills and where is a good place to buy? I am in SE QLD and have noticed some places have very high postage costs compared to others. Please not I am after economy, which is in my mind different to cheap. I can probably find a cheap $2 end mill but it may on last 2 minutes, where as an economical end mill may be $20 but lasts 2 hours. Assume I know nothing as sometimes the most basic idea is overlooked.

Thanks
Steve

Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com... (https://metalworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=206074&goto=newpost)