PDA

View Full Version : Steve?

RETIRED
24th November 2005, 06:28 AM
here we go again, another ancient thread dragged kicking and screaming to the top of the pile. every now and again someone dredges up a classic but mostly its ones like this that have no real relevance to the thread originator, or any one else really cos people interested in the same topic can find it with a search too.

REQUEST FOR THE MODERATORS:

Is it possible to set up the forum so that if someone is about to revive a thread which has had a decent christian burial more than say, 3 months ago, a warning message appears on the screen telling them that this is not a recent thread and offering them the opportunity to abort the proposed resurrection if on reflection, considering its age that even if resurrected, its gonna stink a bit.

taking it a stage further, in some forums it may be appropriate to outright deny the resurrection (eg, buy, swap, sell)

My 2c worth for the night for what its worth

to me this avatar represents what we are all striving for in our woodwork: beauty, proportion and functionality. Copied by .

echnidna
24th November 2005, 12:06 PM
Steve who??

Thommo
24th November 2005, 01:22 PM
I think Steve is the man who can fix the BBoard. Computer guru:D

Regards Thommo

DavidG
24th November 2005, 01:50 PM
Dunno
With senility creeping in every post seem like a new post.
By reusing old posts we can laugh at them again and save disk space.;) :rolleyes:

Eastie
24th November 2005, 01:55 PM
Doug - do you think that the moderators actually care about how much time we lose from our lives looking up new posts only to find old scattered bones?

Eastie (the saracatic :p )

craigb
24th November 2005, 03:03 PM
I think Steve is the man who can fix the BBoard. Computer guru:D

Regards Thommo

Steve, aka CYC is "da man" where the BBS is concerned. :)