PDA

View Full Version : How do you reliably mark out the mid line?

Julian Chang
20th January 2021, 08:51 PM
Hi guys,

I'm building a bassinet/ cradle as my first woodworking project. Made many mistakes along the way. One that I'm struggling to figure out is how you reliably work out where to drill a hole for the stand to attach to. Should I be working out the mid point of the board by measuring the total width divide by half? I'm basing my project off this youtuber (Reclaimed Barnwood Bassinet - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8b2G_qUnF8&ab_channel=GotItMade)) but he doesn't particularly explain how he does it. Picture below to better explain it. I'm trying to get that black metal bit centre and level. I'd appreciate any advice

488378 488379

Thank you in advance =)

double.d
21st January 2021, 06:39 AM
Overall width divided by 2 will be the centre. Do this on the bottom of the panel and again on the top before the round over starts then draw a line with a straight edge from top to bottom then you can drill your hole wherever you want.

Julian Chang
21st January 2021, 07:41 AM
Overall width divided by 2 will be the centre. Do this on the bottom of the panel and again on the top before the round over starts then draw a line with a straight edge from top to bottom then you can drill your hole wherever you want.

Amazing thank you double.d that's so obvious and yet I struggled haha. Also I probably shouldn't have stained it first then. Oh well it is what it is