PDA

View Full Version : Woodpeckers - lack of replies

Lyle
21st January 2021, 08:23 PM
Placed an order with Woodpeckers in the good ol USofA.
Got a reply order received and confirmed, paid via paypal.
Then got another email requesting confirmation of billing and postal address and a ph number.
Being a bit suspicious, I contacted them via their website "contact us".
Nil replies.
Anyone out there had dealings, good or bad from Woodpeckers???
How did it turn out for you.
Maybe I/ve been burnt and need to raise a paypal claim???
Lyle.

Bernmc
21st January 2021, 08:45 PM
if it's Woodworking Tools, Best Woodworking Tools, Woodturning Tools (https://www.woodpeck.com/) they're legit and well-known. I've the odd tool from them, although escalating US post and our $ means I haven't bought anything for a long time.

Never contacted them via the web form. I haven't had terribly good experience with some US companies and their coms (TSO being one of them - they are dreadful at replying to queries).

I also had endless to-and-from poorly answered emails with AvidCNC. Requested a video chat and it was all sorted very quickly. They just don't seem to do email very well!

One US co I bought from when I lived in a unit contacted me to confirm that the '1/53 MyRoad Rd' address format was legit - that funny unit 1 on 53 MyRoad thing is a weird Aussieness.

You could always do a skype call or something similar.

homey
21st January 2021, 09:28 PM
Lyle,

I’ve dealt with them a few times for One Time Tools and they’ve been very helpful. Perhaps they’ve been hit with the same staffing problems as many other companies since Covid.

Kind regards,

Brian

RSD
21st January 2021, 11:10 PM
Woodpeckers have been experiencing problems sourcing metal stock for machining into product lately - I had an order delayed about a month because of this but it arrived today. I will pm you the direct email address for one of their customer service guys who is pretty helpful - if you quote your order number and ask for an update Mike will help you I'm sure.

Lyle
23rd January 2021, 10:06 PM
Thanks all for your help.
I did the online contact us and the email to mike @woodpeck.
Successfully received emails.
Explanation was as I am a new customer they were waiting for my reply to verify my shipping info.
That email went into the ether.....
Anyway, Mandy replied and order is on its' way .
Gotta love technology....
Lyle