PDA

View Full Version : Vac for stink bugs.

clear out
21st February 2021, 02:28 PM
We were chatting over coffee at the local men’s shed about stinkbugs on citrus and one of the blokes said he’d made an attachment for a vac to suck em off.
I had a spare Hitachi 18v battery vac so made up a gadget.
Didnt work, not enough suck.:doh:

So having dug out all my scrounged pvc fitting and a large peanut butter jar I made this mother up for the Festo.
As Rasmuss says. Cummon train :oo:
H.

Bernmc
21st February 2021, 05:32 PM
excellent work. How do the bugs choose the bottle over the vac? Signposted? A baffle of some sort?

clear out
21st February 2021, 09:26 PM
There’s a baffle made from an old sink drain just after the drop down to the jar.
That Bit is all old sink bits.
The little fuggers are a little worse for wear by the time they make the jar.
Some are in several bits:;:rolleyes::D:D:p:rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D:D
They get hung up on the baffle and tend to strangle the suckability so I disconnect the vac hose and prod em down the schute with a stick.
Got 18 today and that was after weeks of picking off what we could normally reach.
H

Lappa
22nd February 2021, 10:23 AM
Love it!

Only question is - what’s the scent of the air coming out of the vac machine like:oo:

clear out
22nd February 2021, 12:07 PM
The possum poo masks it ok.
H.:roll:

Lappa
22nd February 2021, 01:04 PM
It’s amazing how much a possum can excrete. Going out in the morning to get that paper is like walking through a minerield:C

We just had to “extract” one from the attic.

clear out
22nd February 2021, 01:17 PM
So which body of water did you cross before releasing it?
Hope it was the Hawkesbury and not the Parramatta.
I need to find my trap and move them on, they are p!ssing on stuff from the Oregon beams and it’s getting beyond a joke.
H.

Old Croc
22nd February 2021, 10:51 PM
We get a green shield beetle up here that sucks the sap out of everything. I use the toe end of pantyhose inside the hose secured by the nozzle. When I am done, pull it out of the hose and dispose of them.
Rgds,
Crocy.