PDA

View Full Version : How True is This

KBs PensNmore
21st February 2021, 09:11 PM
Let me get this straight?
I go to the Grocery Store to buy a kilo of sliced ham wrapped in plastic, a loaf of bread in a plastic bag, 4 litres of milk in a plastic container, a pack of napkins wrapped in plastic, a Greek Salad in a plastic container, a plastic bottle of Mustard Sauce, a plastic bottle of Tomato Sauce and they won't give me a plastic bag to carry it home because the plastic bag is bad for the Environment????

rwbuild
21st February 2021, 09:29 PM
Also all paid for with plastic money

Tomislav
22nd February 2021, 02:12 PM
You have missed the point,

We all need to do the Greenwash thing, so we can all feel righeous.

Never mind you drove to the shop.

The shop probably has open refrigerated shelves, with cold air falling out all over the floor which is cooled by the 'lectric which is made by burning coal..

and then open doors to the outside allowing the aircon to fall out.. see above.

the stuff was delivered in trucks with pallets shrink wrapped

but hey.. I am a grumpy old Engineer

Cgcc
22nd February 2021, 02:19 PM
I get the feeling that people who post this sort of thing might not be the most open to discussion.

But just because you're not flat-out banning all sorts of pollution and plastic waste and tolerate some is hardly inconsistent with thinking that less is a good thing.

If I smoke 10 cigarettes a day, and someone persuades me not to have any after meals in order to cut it down to 7, they're not advocating for cigarettes or making out cigarettes are a good thing.

A Duke
22nd February 2021, 02:51 PM
Every little helps, as the monkey said when he peed into the ocean.
:2tsup:

woodPixel
22nd February 2021, 03:52 PM
Waste... waste... waste...

I went to the buildings recycler last night and in it were plastic bags, shoes, prams, washing racks, timber furniture....

This young generation LOVES to virtue signal, but will not lift a finger to save themselves the effort.

Here is an example of how it SHOULD be done... (ignore the girls voice, its horrific).

https://youtu.be/OS9uhASKyjA

redpen
22nd February 2021, 07:39 PM
Astonishing video, 上勝のゴミゼロproject