PDA

View Full Version : Gaps between skirting & walls

Hybrid
27th November 2005, 09:38 AM
I have just put all new skirting and a few new architraves in some rooms of my house. There are several areas where there are gaps between the skirting and wall. Would should I use to fill these gaps? Does it need to be a flexible filler? Would No More Gaps be a good choice?

Greolt
27th November 2005, 09:45 AM
If it is going to be painted yes, No More Gaps would be perfect.

woodcutta
27th November 2005, 12:39 PM
No more gaps

I don't know how I would get on if that hadn't been invented!
Liquid nails runs a close second

woodcutta

mudguts
28th November 2005, 08:39 PM
I have just put all new skirting and a few new architraves in some rooms of my house. There are several areas where there are gaps between the skirting and wall. Would should I use to fill these gaps? Does it need to be a flexible filler? Would No More Gaps be a good choice?

Absoloutly use no more gaps, but be careful, Bostik* is crap.

cheers

echnidna
28th November 2005, 09:05 PM
Use no more gaps
As you apply it have a pot of water based paint handy, apply paint immediately over the fresh no gaps to smooth it all out.

dhsmith50
6th December 2005, 03:14 PM
:)
My first helpful post.

I personally recommend 'Selley's No More Gaps' (any good hardware shops stocks it). There are two types (paintable and non-paintable). I have found if you run a damp sponge down along the join you smooth the 'glug'/absorb the excess/for the filler into the gap at the same time. Also, 'No More Gaps' allow a certain amount of contraction/expansion before comming away (great for temperature changes). Oh, and buy it in Value Pack size (3 tubes packaged together) because you'll probably need a lot more than you estimate aka gapping between cornices and ceilings.

Hope that helped

:cool:

Zed
6th December 2005, 03:20 PM
no more gaps = gods gift to renovators and painters.

Gumby
6th December 2005, 03:42 PM
no more gaps = gods gift to renovators and painters.

you forgot woodworkers too :rolleyes:

It's the most used product in my shop :o

bigdazza
6th December 2005, 04:47 PM
Absoloutly use no more gaps, but be careful, Bostik* is crap.

cheers

I'll second that. Dont be lured by the price, the Bostik product doesn't seem to handle expansion of the joint. Use Selleys at least its flexible.