PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a source of Veneer in the ACT

Andraax
28th November 2005, 09:25 AM
Morning from our nations capital. :)

I am relatively new to the woodcrafting game but having fun none the less (and a long suffering wife who is glad to have me out of the house and in the garage/workshop)

Anyhow what is the best place to purchase pine veneer in the ACT? and other woods for that matter... I have only been shopping at bunnings so far but feel there has to be a better source near by.

I am in the process of making a traditional style wardrobe (european style) with panneling and dont want the old ply wood look in the panels and thus want to veneer it.

Happy for any advice.

burn
28th November 2005, 09:42 AM
Andraax,

Try Monaro Timber - 46 Townsville St, Fyshwick. Perhaps select solid timber from them, then check that they can also supply veneered MDF boards in the same species. I have just done that for our intended bedroom suite. I will make the bed out of blackwood, the framing for the bedroom furniture out of the same and I can get blackwood veneered mdf boards for the panneling on the furniture.

Lots of alternatives to Bunnings here for tools, fastners, etc as well.
For tools M&G Industrial, Combined Electrical, Gasweld, Fisher Discounts
For fastners Speciality Fastners
Lots more places for other items as well

Andraax
28th November 2005, 09:45 AM
Wow that was quick response - thankyou!:D

burn
28th November 2005, 09:56 AM
Your welcome.

I forgot to mention, there are two woodworking clubs down here.

The Woodcraft guild (www.woodcraftguild.org.au) - aimed at all types of woodworkers - turners, furniture makers, etc

The Triton Club (www.tocact.org.au) - aimed at Triton users and DIY types.

I'm in both and each has their advantages.