PDA

View Full Version : where to buy skirting boards in Canberra?

Trav
28th November 2005, 11:02 AM
Hi all

Any ideas about where to buy skirting boards? I need a whole house full of skirting boards - although probably in two batches. I haven't calculated how many lin metres, but it would be heaps.

I am after a pretty plain profile with a simple bevel towards the top. They will be painted, so timber/mdf is not important.

Bunnings have the boards I am after, but I was hoping that there may be a wholesaler etc as I try to avoid Bunnings as much as possible. Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks

Trav

burn
28th November 2005, 11:55 AM
Trav,

Try some of the building supply places in Yallourn St Fyswhick, the joinery supplies place near Metalmart in Fyswhick, the Builders Supply place on Canberra Ave and Whyalla St.

Even check the Yellow pages! I found a supplier of treated pine timber in Queanbeyan which was 4-5 dollars cheaper (per metre) than Bunnings/Magnet Mart and a couple of other timber places I usually go to. You could even check in with Shaun at Monaro ... he could atleast suggest more places.

Burn

Trav
28th November 2005, 11:56 AM
Thanks Burn

I will give them a go.

Trav

boban
28th November 2005, 06:51 PM
Trav,

These guys are in Melbourne and I have them transport the skirting and architraves to me in Sydney.

Huge variety and well priced

http://www.classicarchitraves.com.au/